🍌 🌽 The New Vegan Thread 2018 🍆 🌻

I had this on Wednesday

Absolute cake game changer and within walking distance from my office. I. Must. Not. Get. One. Each. Week.

I made these the other day. Can’t recommend enough, I whacked a load of ginger in and next time I’d increase the amount of chilli but I guess that’s all down to personal taste.

Didn’t attempt to do pleats but think they turned out alright for a first attempt:

Well actually it turns out the semi skimmed milk says not suitable as a complete milk replacement although it only specifies under 2 years old.

The Almond milk has half the calories though so I’ll have to check a full skimmed milk to see what it says

Not sure if it’s already been posted in one of the other threads, but we went to By Chloe. in Covent Garden last night.

It was okay. Quite pricey for what was a fast-food place. Very busy, but I think that may be because a London Fashion Week show had just kicked out and they love a hip place to eat. The food wasn’t great, and the packaging is very wasteful. There are far better and cheaper vegan options in many different places in London.

I went to the one in Williamsburg in Jan.
I have to say that I really loved it. I had a great pesto meatball sub, sweet potato fries and a nice cashew mac and cheese.

What didn’t you like about the food?

It was probably busy cause it only opened 2 weeks ago? It’s got a lot of hype cause the NYC ones are very popular. It’s also very instagrammable.

Made this last night

Was delicious

Between us we had a burger, the meatball sub, fries, the mac & cheese and two soft drinks.

They were *okay *, but not really anything special, and not worth over £16 a head.

I think that you can get away with charging that much for a vegan meal if it’s super tasty or if it’s a nice atmosphere/well-presented. I didn’t think this was either, tbh.

All non diary milks say not suitable for kids as a replacement. It just warns that there’s not the same nutrients/calcium as dairy at the same volume. Jnr has a variety of milks but she still breastfee so it doesn’t really matter. I think it’s one of those regulations like it being illegal to out formala on sale/special offer so as not to undermine the nutrional value of breastfeeding.