🍌 🌽 The New Vegan Thread 2018 🍆 🌻

These are nice just with some bread

1 Like

Had these with a couple of Linda’s and a salad. Would eat again.

Miso soup w/ shiitake mushrooms and rice noodles.
Other veg/noodley stuff.
Roast veg salad w/grains.

Oh boy.

5 Likes

making a dinner for 4 people this sunday…
any ideas for a tasty main?

:frowning: I didn’t like them!
The choc and the cone are nice but I think the ice cream is a bit too sweet. I won’t buy again tbh

That jamie oliver lentil shepherd’s pie is really good. Have you done that yet?

1 Like

no! thank you :heart:

Defo make the effort to do that herby crumb on top. It’s SO GOOD.

Went under a couple of weeks ago. Its a damn shame. Goodnight, sweet Pie & Ale, you were too good for this world.

Had a Chinese veggie meal of sadness on Saturday night.

Honestly, Chinese seems to be the most inconsistent for veggie dishes to me. Vietnamese, Thai and Japanese food is absolutely fine - always some really tasty stuff. Chinese food is sometimes fine and other times just seems to be incredibly bland veggies or with some odd sauces that make you worry they’ve given you meat stocks. :frowning:

I hear ya. Might be a proper delicious veggie Chinese meal, or might be little more than some greasy cabbage leaves.

Chinese curried veg seems to be the safest bet, but is more often than not infected with mushrooms. Often wish I’d just ordered chow mein & beansprouts.

1 Like

I had a really nice aubergine curry from a Chinese place near The Troxy recently. Often I’m a bit cautious with Chinese because there’s just so much ingredients that I’m always thinking there’s some fish sauce or honey or egg in it somewhere, but this place had staff who didn’t understand what vegan meant so just listed every ingredient out to me, very reassuring.

2 Likes

always knew she was one of the good ones

4 Likes

Decent but last line is cringey and ruins it a bit.

Had a quick look at the comments
‘if vegans love animals so much why don’t they care about animals being displaced and killed to grow crops’
:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

5 Likes

That’s some pretty convincing fake leather.

1 Like

The state of this article:

Sorry to bring anyone down on a Monday, but it illustrates just how far there is still to go in terms of the popular perception of veganism.

Good old Zara.

People are a bit crazy when it comes to their kids aren’t they?

But surely it can only be a good thing that they’ll be eating more fruit, veg and whole foods during the day instead of like chicken nuggets or whatever they feed kids there. The parents can feed the kids whatever meat stuff they want outside of nursery.