Bands as computer games

Slayer?

Slayer are Doom.

8 Likes

Without any exaggeration, The Smashing Pumpkins are every perfect game there’s ever been at once. Some people think they’re Megaman 4, completely overlooking or unaware of the fact that they’re also the entire Legend of Zelda series, Mario 1 2 3 World Kart and 64, Megaman 1 2 and 3, and so many more. Elitists in and adjacent to the industry will condescendingly tell you that these games are for children and that they’ve “moved on to more mature material,” or that they’ve somehow never played these games in the first place (they were too busy listening to Delta Blues).

2 Likes

The Locust are BBC Micro Olympics. A lot of keyboard banging and hoping for the best.

6 Likes

Idiot Pilot had an 8-bit bowling game on their website that a friend and I were obsessed with.

1 Like

Man I loved that first album, so much promise. Sounds great in 8 bit

1 Like

Soundgarden and Kyuss are GTA Vice City because that’s who I was listening to when I first played it

1 Like

and now with exaggeration?

21 Likes

It barely left my CD player for months! I remember walking to school with the same pal sharing an earbuds and just loving everything about it. Used to play the bowling game in GCSE Graphics when our teacher wasn’t looking…

Not sure if I actually ever listened to Wolves… Did you?

1 Like

Korn are Twisted Metal 2 - same reason as above

Same. I just read the Pitchfork review of it and scathing doesn’t cover it :joy: Wolves was limp at best. Haven’t looked into what either are doing these days, might do now.

1 Like

Hadouken! are Street Fighter obvs

2 Likes

Van Morisson is the ET video game

7 Likes

Oh wow, I’ve not seen the review! Think I heard the track they did for Transformers and it sounded a bit watered down and then maybe by the time the album came out I’d just moved on.

Apparently according to wiki they came out of hiatus and released an album in 2019 :open_mouth: - think I know what I’m going to listen to this weekend.

1 Like

What Strange We Should Meet Here isn’t on Spotify?! Damn

Watered down is exactly the phrase. Oooh, that is interesting, will have a listen too.

1 Like

I was smiling from the outset but this has done me.
Does anyone even think MegaMan 4 is the best one.
It’s always been 2 or 3 held up as the best of the classic series.
:grinning:

1 Like

I’m team Mega Man 2 here.

1 Like

Quick Man was an asshole!

1 Like

Kraftwerk are Uplink

1 Like

Damn right!

1 Like