Bands playing albums in full

We are in a minority of two. I really enjoyed and still do like Freedom quite a lot. Not sure why some (this board especially) panned it

1 Like

Dawkins Christ is prime time Refused

2 Likes

DRUMS!!

I had two very different experiences of an album show also- Public Enemy doing ‘it takes a nation’. in london, one of my favourite ever gigs (and edan, anti pop consortium, Bomb squad AND kool keith as Dr Octogon supporting- i miss ATP!).

A few days later at primavera they dicked about for ages, with the same bomb squad dj set before they came on, and ran out of time just over half way through the album! And they said ‘barcelona, this is the first time we’ve ever played this live!’ etc as well. Still love them though. Portishead played after them and chuck d came on to rap over Machine Gun.

I was at this!

1 Like

Dunno if I can be arsed with Bloc Party doing Silent Alarm tomorrow

• It will be great!
  • It will be shite!

0 voters

Don’t wanna piss on your chips but I didn’t think they were great first time round… Do you have a ticket?

Would be fire with all original members, otherwise nope

1 Like

I was on my own (first and only solo so far) at this gig. Actually flew down on my own to see them. Thank fuck I chose them and not ATD-I

1 Like

Nah im awaiting confirmation to review it, but if need to come down from Norwich a day earlier than planned for it. The thing is I saw them when it came out so I don’t really need to see it again

Yes! I remember having the same dilemma and being relieved with the choice. I eventually got to see Atd-I anyway so…

Surprised not to see a mention of Lou Reed’s Berlin tour in here. One of the gigs I most regret missing…

Did nobody see the Cavalera’s do Roots? Just me. I enjoyed that I have to say but don’t go to many of these type gigs.

Would probably go see Mellon Collie if Billy and the current line up come back and do that in a few years.

I saw him at that, he was really pissed off abd disinterested. My parents saw him when he wad touring ecstasy and said he was much better and less gruff then.

Patched Bloc Party, gonna see Melvins and Jon Spencer instead :joy:

Totally forgot about seeing These New Puritans perform Hidden with a brass ensemble, children’s choir and a whole load of smashed up watermelons! Was aceeeeeee!

2 Likes

Also, Brian Wilson doing Pet Sounds in full at Together The People festival in Brighton. He didn’t know where he was, but it was incredible to see.

I think i also saw Brakes play Give Blood in full (not advertised as such) at the Barfly in Birmingham which was fun

Brakes…that reminds me that The Electric Soft Parade did a string of Brighton shows in 2011 playing each of their albums in full. Those would have been fun, particularly wish I’d seen the The American Adventure + The Human Body EP night (their best stuff I reckon).

1 Like

Saw Smog on the Dongs Of Sevotion tour. IIRC the set was a run through of the album with slight change in sequencing, then an encore of River Guard.
It was awesome.

Would enjoy seeing sleep do dopesmoker

3 Likes