Bands that have recorded 2 masterpieces

Dunno if I’d go so far as to call the cloud nothings ones masterpieces but thought I’d mention them anyhow.

Pretty sure Neil Young had been mentioned a couple of times.

2 Likes

Well don’t I feel foolish? Searched the thread for Neil Young, no matches. Young on its own… One match. Urgh, erase this from your memories, I have made an arse of this.

Maybe listening to the wrong albums?

pretty sure I’ve heard most of the best ones

At least 3… maybe 4

I think a strong case could be made for The Bends, OKComputer, Kid A, Hail to the Thief, In Rainbows, and even A Moon Shaped Pool.

With 6 I guess they’re in second place to the Pumpkins’ insurmountable 7 (8 if you count the boxset).

1 Like

That reminds me I need to finally listen to Adrenaline. You’d think I would have by now considering I like the rest.

Miles Davis

4 Likes

It’s the only one of theirs I never go near, and I think I even intentially lost the CD because it’s patchy as fuck in my eyes, but you can see the promise of what they would become for sure.

Oh you definitely do! It’s much more raw and dirty than any of their others

Just gone through this thread liking loads of posts. Love threads like this. Love how those who try and dampen things by insisting that “THERE ARE NO MASTERPIECES” (who cares??!?!) are getting drowned out.

Love love love guys! This is why I come here!

2 Likes

I could list so many from the 60’s and 70’s alone, but here’s a few obvious ones… would argue these artists have even more masterpieces in their catalogues.

Leonard Cohen (debut + songs of love & hate)
Stevie Wonder (Innervisions+ Talking Book)
Bowie (Station To Station + Low)
Eno (Taking Tiger Mountain+ Airports)
Van Morrison (Astral Weeks + Veedon Fleece)
Nico (Desertshore + Marble Index)

Been listening to lots of Leonard Cohen tonight, so fuckjng good :+1:

2 Likes

Reckon the exactly 2 masterpieces is a harder criteria, with more beeve potential:
Modest mouse
The national
Kendrick (for now, almost certainly has more in him)
Wilco
LCD soundsystem

Do enjoy a good “list bands you like” thread

4 Likes

i honestly believe that All Killer No Filler by Sum 41 is a masterpiece and that there’s not a single note on it that could be improved

not meant to be a reply to bamnan but then again he thinks that no one has ever recorded a masterpiece so i guess i’d like his thoughts on Sum 41

2 Likes

This is what we’re all here for essentially

1 Like

LCD, good shout

LIKE THE BAND/ALBUM THAT I LIKE