Bands who borrow album/song titles, lyrics from other bands

Other two threads got me thinking about this and one example in particular (not the most universally known one, admittedly):

Godflesh using Leonard Cohen album titles (Songs of Love and Hate), song titles (combined) (Avalanche Master Song) and lyrics (your pain is no credential here)

There must be more… that aren’t as obscure as that… sampling doesn’t count

Car seat Headrest using Dido lyrics on The Ballad of Costa Concordia

Oh yeah and NIN dropping the lyrics of “you’re so vain” into SF Inc… although loads of people have used those lines, I’m sure

(bit weak) maybe this has been on before, but recently I was thinking Pains are being a bit cheeky naming their album ECHOs of Pleasure and taking a liberal amount of Echo and the Bunnymen with this one:

The Garret

The Cutter

And the wierdest one for me was watching Wings of Desire in a University lecture and realising Dirty Projectors copied chunks of the script word-for-word in Stillness Is In Move!

The Gaslight Anthem song “High Lonesome” on The '59 Sound is basically a giant reference to “Round Here” by Counting Crows.

“And Maria came from Nashville with a suitcase in her hand
I always kinda sorta wished I looked like Elvis”

vs. the original
"Maria came from Nashville with a suitcase in her hand
She said she’d like to meet a boy who looks like Elvis"

And the obligatory:

Queens of the Stone Age have that line that’s in bjorks big time sensuality, ‘there’s no-one here, people everywhere’ but never was sure if that was a coincidence. Can’t remember the song but it’s on rated R I think.

Oh, and speaking of QOTSA, “I want you to notice when I’m not around” in “You Can’t Quit Me Baby” (I guess that one qualifies twice for this thread).

Lorde referencing why? Is my favourite.

Pretty sure Bjork has a writing credit on that one… ‘Better Living through chemistry’ i think?

Weezer copying Public Enemy in El Scorcho

Sisters of Mercy took their name from a Leonard Cohen song, but also the title of their compilation album Some Girls Wander by Mistake from the Cohen song Teachers:

Some girls wander by mistake
Into the mess that scalpels make
Are you the teachers of my heart?
We teach old hearts to break

Destroyer lives for this shit. My favourite is cribbing:

You’ll never guess just what I’ve seen
A horse abandoned mid-stream

from You’re a Big Girl Now by Bob:

A change in the weather
Is known to be extreme
But what’s the sense of changing horses in midstream?

(and if @Lo-Pan has managed to read that without singing the next line in an outrageous Dylan voice I’ll be amazed…)

Also took me fucking ages to realise that Frank Ocean’s ‘Close To You’ is sung to the same melody as The Carpenters ‘Close To Me’

:+1::grinning::+1:

AND EEEHM GOIIN OOOWWTA MAAH MEEEEEEHEND etc

Does this count?