Bands who you were inexplicably obsessed with at some stage

Fuck you Stingray!

I might download it to listen to on the way home from the pub. Worry some passers by with my over emotive hand gestures.

1 Like

Belle & Sebastian
Brand New

i now have thr bridge stuck in my head (sounds painful lol!!). am i right in thinking it goes ā€˜love is like a shooting star, it donā€™t matter who you areā€™ because if so, fucking hell

Yup. Thatā€™s the part thatā€™s been stuck in my head too. ā€œIf you can only run for cover/itā€™s just a waste of time.ā€

So deep.

Iā€™m sorry. Iā€™m so, so sorry.

2 Likes

not sure i ever had an obsession with one band over all others but What It Is To Burn by Finch was a properly massive album for me

5 Likes

I still have a lot of love for B&S. But yeah, my obsession with them was a bit irrational in hindsight.

The White Stripes - not sure how I feel about this now.

they have at least 3 excellent albums, not odd

belle & seb - yeah i adored them as a teen, seeing them live in 2015 was the nail in the coffin thoughā€¦ Something very, very creepy about Stuart.

2 Likes

My Vitriol

1 Like

*My Vitriolololol

1 Like

Stereophonics, I was 12 - 13 though

1 Like

cisqo

The first three Hot Chip albums when I was around 17/18 but still in school.
Donā€™t know why, made a change from punk I suppose. Thought it was the acceptable face of dancey music when I was too young and bashful to dance. I guess I do know why.

1 Like

Incubus

5 Likes

I was about to post this as my secret shame as well. Those lyrics on Make Yourself, good lord, in retrospect itā€™s like they had a 7th grader ghostwriting for them. Itā€™s funny, I think there was an exact moment where the spell was broken for me and I could never listen to anything by them again - I think it was Track 3 or something on the album after Morning View where it suddenly ends with a really forced obnoxious, trying-to-be artsy, hushed ā€œfor good, for good, for good, fuck off, for good, for goodā€ fadeout. Hearing that something clicked and the rest of their output was put into proper context.

Their lead singer has the wettest of wet blanket bedwetter voices.

1 Like

He was once stood next to me flailing wildly at a Xiu Xiu gig. Made it hard to concentrate tbh.

1 Like

Oh god, those fan theories on usenet about ā€œthe properā€ way to listen to Lateralus were the worst. Itā€™s like they were not-so-secretly hoping for a hologram of Maynard to emanate from their speakers to congratulate them on being the most elite, true fan of all, the only one capable of understanding how deep a line like ā€œthere is so much moreā€ is.

4 Likes

A guy I fancied when I was 16 introduced me to Tool and went on about all the hidden meanings, like how Stinkfist wasnā€™t actually about fisting but about feeling something inside like the feeling of being fisted, donā€™t really know what he was getting at as I tended to zone out at that point.

Itā€™s about fisting isnā€™t it.

7 Likes