Bands whose entire discographies alternated between very decent and pure shite albums

This is not an opinion I or I imagine the vast majority of Blur fans can get behind.

WTAF?!

It’s so formless and totally joyless. Production is horrid too. And song 2 is on it…

Ride:

Nowhere – obviously great
Going Blank Again – pretty good
Carnival of Light – so-so, but more miss than hit
Tarantula – apart from Black Nite Crash, total bollocks

Can’t argue with this s I’ve never heard of them but that looks like a straightforward decline to me

1 Like

Early years Beatles:

Please please me: Recorded in a day and still a stone cold classic

With the Beatles: First side has some great numbers on it but the album is mostly half arsed covers of R&R standards.

Hard days night: One of the greatest and most iconic albums of all time.

Beatles for sale: Again some great songs but a fair bit of dross and some real shit from Ringo and George. Actually fuck that I love this album

1 Like

Shearwater and Okkervil River, and weirdly they do it in opposites.

All of those albums are really good

these words don’t belong in this ridiculous thread bud. The Beatles didn’t ever put ANYTHING out less than a 7.9/10

and you know this

Yes, the sharpest and most consistent decline from greatness to absolute heinous shite by any band ever.

1 Like

Animal Collective

Early stuff = unlistenable boring shite

Sung Tongs/Feels/Prospect Hummer/People/Strawberry Jam/Fall be kind/Merriweather all brilliant

Centipede Hz onwards = unlistenable boring shite

will totally get shit for it, but Curve:

• Doppelganger is like the Pubic Fruit EPs, but with incredibly shit mixing.

• Cuckoo is great

• Come Clean manages to be lapped by Garbage at Curve’s own game

• Gift is pretty good.

haven’t heard Open Day or New Adventures Of in a while. Lucky for them their discography is big enough to where there’s plenty of good stuff to be had even while the albums proper aren’t that great.

Some very dubious interpretations of alternating in this thread

1 Like

Did you hear their final album?! Beetles for sale? Yellow Submarine? All shite

utter garbage, man! best stick to P.C related advice from here on in

I honestly thought everyone agreed that Let It Be, Beatles For Sale and Yellow Submarine were pants. Because they are pretty fucking shite.

Afraid i have to agree with Ol’ Man Jazz. Yellow Submarine’s the only real misstep in their entire back catalogue. I discount that anyway, tbh. Everything else is solidly between 8.5/10 and perfection.

Where i usually disagree with most people is that i think he first two records are them at their very best. Admittedly they’re not yet fully formed and are singing other peoples songs a bit, but they’re the records of theirs i enjoy the most anyway. Revolver, Rubber Soul and the White Album have never quite clicked to the same degree, but are still solidly brilliant.

Let It Be has Across the Universe, Get Back, Long and Winding Road, I Me Mine on. Defo not shit

Shite might be harsh, but very middling on the whole

1 Like

wild beasts

I think Northern Soul is a great album, heaps better than Urban Hymns!