bands you initially liked, but now cannot stand, *and not because of new material*

i.e. a lot of people understandably liked Muse and now don’t, but i more mean music that you heard and went ‘yeah!!’ and then after a a second, third or fourth pass went ‘oh hell no’.

Slide a bit into both categories but idles

8 Likes

Morrissey

1 Like

Idles

Sorry to elaborate. Really like the first 2 records, agree with a lot of their politics ect… But saw them live at the height of album 2 mania and I just went totally cold on them in an instant. Never experienced that before or since. Literally stood watching them and could feel any positivity for them souring

3 Likes

is that coz of him being a bellend outside of the music, or is that just going cold on the music?

Gaslight Anthem

4 Likes

actually massive same. i think it’s because you go YEAH OH FUCK! and then realise it’s because it’s a tribute act, effectively, who’s just good at said tribute (but then it’s too close)

1 Like

Beck, sort of

8 Likes

Mars Volta

2 Likes

weird innit? it almost never happens to me but recently did on a third./fourth pass of Wet Leg. went from ‘this is great’ to ‘cannot stand this whatsoever’

2 Likes

QOTSA
Weezer

Actually these are both ones that just got progressively shitter

3 Likes

Went through a few weeks of really liking the Red Hot Chili Peppers when I was in high school, which in retrospect seems like it may have been a cry for help.

14 Likes

i think more of us are guilty of this than will admit

5 Likes

Mainly the former tbh, but I think I’d grown tired of his whole schtick anyway

1 Like

Animal Collective

new songs sound interesting though

6 Likes

Oh, Animal Collective of course. Especially MPP

2 Likes

yeah it’s harder to find ones who you just went from loving to hating because your brain changed innit

1 Like

Fuck!

2 Likes

Normally it takes a while of gradual erosion for me. But this was instant. Click of the fingers sorta thing.

1 Like

Think MPP and Strawberry Jam still hold up a bit but really struggle with a lot of Feels and Sung Tongs now (actually I never massively got into Sung Tongs beyond the first two tracks)

2 Likes