Bands you love musically but hate their visual aesthetic

I thought of this because I love The National but I hate all of their artwork, t-shirts, most of their videos (with the exception of Apartment Story).

On the whole if I love a bands music I’ll at least have a passing connection to their visual identity (Radiohead, Tool etc) but The National seem to be an oddity.

Are they any bands you feel this way about?

Jimmy Nail

RATM, System of a Down, most indie folk artists

Don’t you like crocodile shoes?

She’s lying

I find Tool’s aesthetic a bit try-hard (and not particularly well done, although he is in the band so fair enough), and Primus’ artwork is always ugly as fuck, but I think this might be intentional.

St Vincent.

Every picture of Green Day is infuriating.

POTW – Nominations
POTW – Nominations

Dunno why Snapped Ankles wear those weird caveman-type costumes. Maybe if your first intro to them was at a gig it would seem interesting but I heard their music first and then saw some pictures and it just struck me as very pointless.

I like the album cover aesthetic though, that was what got me interested in hearing them in the first place.

Why is the studio so cold?

Is Alex Jones…a lizard??

They get worse as time goes on.

I thought they started to look a bit more grown up circa-Warning but it didn’t take them long to regress again

I think if Tre Cool stops making those faces he gets thrown out of the band, it’s the most reasonable explanation.

i went to school with a guy who basically modelled his entire look and personality on tre cool :grimacing:

@tre_cools_sticks ?

Haters always gonna hate.