Bands You Once Hated But Now Like

ok i really like the new arctic spunkeys album.

oof also The Cribs

dismissed them as being indie fodder, living in Wakefield meant Hey Scenesters was always on when I was going out as a teenager so dismissed them

now think they’re ace and super proud they’re touring with Foo Fighters

2 Likes

Yep. Not that I ‘hated’ Prince, always liked the odd song here and there, but only really appreciated him since he died, which I realize is idiotic.
Didn’t like Elbow at all at first, but saw them at a charity gig (Tony Wilson was the compere, so we’re going back) and they did a mesmerizing version of ‘Newborn’. Totally got it since then.

nah you were right the first time

1 Like

Newborn is their good song though.

oof!

Teenage wonton - “Low are a bit slow and dull, aren’t they?”

Current wonton to teenage wonton - “there’s a reason you’ve failed at life”

4 Likes

This. I used to openly mock anyone who would go see We Will Rock You, but my 3 year-old daughter absolutely loves them which has led me to begrudgingly admit there may be something worthwhile about them. They are still fairly ridiculous though…

Harsh, each to their own but they’ve got a good few songs now, although I still don’t really like that first album.

This is the one for me. Thought they were a load of indie pop toss but I’ve just started listening to them this week because I’ve bought an End Of The Road ticket. They get my own personal thumbs up :+1:

same, I used to be well snobby about them but there’s something to be said about a band that make that many hits which are all pretty diverse