bands you've never seen live for ❓ some reason ❓

Fleet foxes - maybe next album cycle chaps but wouldn’t want to break the habit of a lifetime.

Portishead. They’ve been one of my favourite bands since the very first moment I ever heard them, but didn’t see them on their original run and then didn’t make enough of an effort when they were back together a decade ago or so. TV wanted to go to this, but I hate Alexandra Palace so said no - would have loved it obviously :roll_eyes:

Rumblings currently that they might be doing some stuff. Would bust a gut to see them this time around…

2 Likes

didnt realise Beak> had been about that long, thought they appeared in the last couple years

Enjoyed this from Wikipedia…

In 2010, the band toured in the US and the UK. It was chosen by Portishead to perform at the ATP I’ll Be Your Mirror festival, that Portishead curated in July 2011 at London’s Alexandra Palace

Nice of Geoff Barrow to choose himself to support himself :+1:

6 Likes

Deerhunter - absolutely adore them and whenever they’ve come through London I’ve never bought tickets and I cannot think of a reason why.

The reason is that I live in the Midlands

2 Likes

i’ve seen em all, completed live music a few years back.

4 Likes

Honestly there are a TON of bands I like or love and have liked for a long time that I never saw live. I didn’t go to a lot of shows in my late teens or 20s so there go a lot of them. I avoided stadium shows for the most part, and still do, so that ruled out a lot too.

Could have but never will at this point:

• Fugazi
  • Beastie Boys
  • Nirvana
  • Most other big 90s bands

Could have and still feasibly could someday:

• Aphex Twin (although I’m not sure he’s ever played where I was)
  • Pixies
  • Descendents
  • Depeche Mode
  • The Cure
  • Bauhaus
  • PJ Harvey
  • Why?
  • Melvins
  • Radiohead

Afraid you won’t get to see Laura. Jason Narducy plays all the live dates these days. Having said that him and Jon Wurster are a ridiculous rhythm section.

At this point I’d settle for Mac and me nan on bongos.

P. S. Reckon Narducy and Wurster must have a great time. Alternating the year between playing for Bob Mould, Superchunk and The Mountain Goats.

2 Likes

Blimey.

Probably the big one for me, will go out of my way to see them if they tour again.

Also:

• PJ Harvey
  • The Knife / Fever Ray
  • Broken Social Scene
  • Kendrick Lamar
  • Richard Dawson
  • Daniel Avery

Actually Billy Bragg is another big one, he even came to Gothenburg just after I first moved there and circumstances prevented me from going!

1 Like

I honestly can’t figure out why I haven’t seen the Manics at any point. I’ve met two of them, I’ve been in venues on the same day they were meant to play, I even did a recording session at Faster, but I’ve never actually seen them (and it’s not like they never play in Cardiff, I’ve been here nearly 18 years ffs)

Yeah, I’m no fan of Ally Pally, but that line-up…

Oh, you need to sort that out. Billy’s easily the act I’ve seen more than any other and he’s never less than brilliant.

Including once in Germany where he bamboozled 90% of the audience with a convoluted story about how the original Mermaid Avenue sessions were supposed to be with Kraftwerk.

1 Like