Bank Holiday Monday Sunday Dinner - Part 2

Hi everyone. As I’m sure you are aware, it is Bank Holiday Monday.

I would be very interested to know what you’ll be eating today. Pictorial evidence enthusiatically encouraged.

We’re making Chipotle rice and black beans. @avery is going to make a spicy tomato sauce, roll up his rice and beans into a couple of wraps and then smother them in the aforementioned sauce. This will be topped with a nightmare inducingly inordinate amount of grated cheese and then baked in the oven. I might just make mine a burrito.
Guacamole, pico de gallo and tortilla chips will also feature on today’s menu.

Apologies and hugs to all who have to work today x

:cheese::hot_pepper::taco::burrito::cheese::hot_pepper::taco::burrito::cheese::hot_pepper::taco::burrito::cheese:

1 Like

I made beef stew in the slow cooker last night and have lamb chops in the fridge so may use the left over gravy from the stew on some chops. Think it might be the sort of day to make yorkies and spuds too

1 Like

My manager said there was ice creams in the freezer

but they were frozen yoghurts

Heinous!

Going to make a lamb roghan gosht. Just picking up the ingredients there and it reminded me that British recipes often seem to give measurements for yoghurt in millilitres, when yoghurt is largely sold in grams in this country. I urge both sides to put aside the rhetoric, get round the negotiating table, and stop this sort of thing happening again

1 Like

War crime

Cheers now I fancy toasties!

1 Like

Am I about to make beans on toast for my lunch even though I’ve already had four sweet n sour chicken balls?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Four S&S balls is the ideal sized starter imo.

curry has given me heartburn

someone save me from this hell i have created for myself

Frozen yoghurt might help?

1 Like

Lunch is a turkey and emmental sandwich, sausage roll, mango & mint flavour lentil crisps and a shortbread. Dinner, however, will be a more appetising affair, steaky mac & cheese. Having a fucking shit day and I want dinner now.

1 Like

Only Gaviscon can save me now

1 Like

Godspeed you, Gaviscon!

Made my usual harissa and chickpea stew but swapped the haddock for sausages and baked a few eggs in. Delicious.

9 Likes

That looks great!

My pals know a vegan couple in Copenhagen so we are going to there’s for tea.

Bit peckish now like

1 Like

Gonna go get mince so I can make Bolognese I think

1 Like

*frogurts

https://images.app.goo.gl/Ac6S92CLnaop9jp59

Ooh, that’s good!