Banksy has done another art

he’s an absolutely terrible ‘artist’. I think his heart is probably in the right place with it all but he is still absolutely shocking at his job.

1 Like

I thought the paper shredding thing was genius.

He’s definitely one of those James O’Brien, James Felton or maybe even Dan Hodges sorts

If they don’t clean this off then I will be extremely unimpressed.

I really dont think he is

I’m not really a fan tbh. Some bits have been ok.

I liked the little joke at the end actually.

Well that would probably depend on how you define ‘artist’ and ‘job’, I am quite tired so job probably wasn’t the best wording but I think we all know what I mean don’t we!

Who is this please? Google searching in America here not giving me anything. Paul Horner? (don’t know who that is anyways)

would have been good if it shredded the entire picture. shredding half of it to make sure that the item still remained a piece of valuable art anyway felt like a cynical half measure.

1 Like

Banksy’s name and identity remain unconfirmed and the subject of speculation. In a 2003 interview with Simon Hattenstone of The Guardian , Banksy is described as “white, 28, scruffy casual—jeans, T-shirt, a silver tooth, silver chain and silver earring. He looks like a cross between Jimmy Nail and Mike Skinner of the Streets”. He began as an artist at the age of 14, was expelled from school, and served time in prison for petty crime. According to Hattenstone, “anonymity is vital to him because graffiti is illegal”.[11] For 10 years in the late 1990s, Banksy lived in Easton, Bristol, then moved to London around 2000.[12][13][14]

He does all this and he stays anonymous. I think that’s great. These days everyone is trying to be famous. But he has anonymity.

Brad Pitt[15]

Banksy is often assumed to be Robin Gunningham, born on 28 July 1973 in Yate, 12 miles (19 km) from Bristol.[16][17][12] Several of Gunningham’s associates and former schoolmates at Bristol Cathedral School have corroborated this rumour, and in 2016, a study found that the incidence of Banksy’s works correlated with the known movements of Gunningham.[18][19][20][21] Lawyers representing Banksy commented on this study, but did not suggest that the paper’s conclusions were flawed.[22]

1 Like

Banksy is a DiSer.

I will die a thousand deaths on this one hill.

no, he’s too old. even for this lot.

if it is I reckon its @Joke

1 Like

It’s Brad Pitt??!

4 Likes

wait, so Banksy is Brad Pitt?

1 Like

(that don’t impress me much)

9 Likes

Well if it is Gunningham he’s only 2 years older than me.

TfL should treat it the same as any other graffiti and Banksy would think the same. Apologies if missing ironic joke :grimacing:

and you invented the internet i’m pretty sure so it’s all evens

1 Like