Barbara Windsor has died

(I’ll be honest, I thought she had died a few years back so this was a bit of a surprise.)

1 Like

Yeah I think it’s also impressive how she was able to get such a good late-career burst going. Lots of actors just fade away.

1 Like

Her husband seems like a lovely bloke. Watched a couple of interviews he did after her diagnosis and he just came across as really genuine fellow who properly adored her. Really sad.

4 Likes

^This. Ironically, he was almost like a father figure to her. Soulmates I would say

one of those people who seemed like a constant in life. she packed a lot in and was clearly a very lovely person. what more can you ask for.

5 Likes

Babs!

Happy go lucky and bubbly - what’s not to love about her. Remember reading Kenneth Williams’ diaries and he loved her so much as a person that he wanted to marry her. What an odd couple they would have made.

2 Likes

aw :frowning:

1 Like

that’s sad.
my ex used to work in a really posh deli in Marylebone where appazo all the customers were fucking awful, except Babs who used to come in all the time and was always really nice “oooh 'ello darlin!” etc and seemed really genuine.

3 Likes

really? :frowning:

Seemed like good egg, RIP.

She didn’t seem to like Michael Gove much at least

Get out of this pub!

1 Like

RIP Barbara

Would love ‘get out my pub!’ as my ringtone.