πŸ€ πŸ€ πŸ€ NBA 2017/2018 SEASON πŸ€ πŸ€ πŸ€

*four.

All of my Elite Eight are still live though, the big points are in the later rounds. Could do with Kansas getting knocked out though as you and JT both have them as champs.

2 Likes

Oh shit UVA. That’s a huge shock

Wish I wasn’t moving flat this week, as my broadband has been cut so I can’t watch any games.

Rooting for MSU though and very pleased to read about UMBC this morning.

Massive upset, 16 seeds never win! I wish I could have stayed up to watch it.

2 Likes

the championship ring on the cash <3

big baby <3

@profk pulling out a bit of a lead in the bracket.

Loyola-Chicago’s winning basket yesterday was cool, that moment between the bounce and it going in must have lasted a lifetime if you were a fan.

1 Like

big respect that he retired aged 29.

Syracuse - Michigan State is super close with a minute and a half to go, good tense game.

@jont2001 has taken the lead as of last night, and by the looks of it all the available points left are the same for you @profk if I read it right - so no chance of higher than second for prof.

I still have a chance of picking up different points as I have Villanova going to the final so could pick up a lot there, need some other teams to go out though.

Loyola-Chicago are still alive, very impressive run from them!

1 Like

'Nova are still alive, I have a chance! In the same position in both our group and my family one - I need Villanova to beat Texas Tech and Kansas to either lose to Duke in this round or lose to an advancing Villanova in the next. If Kansas go further I lose to both of you and finish second behind my mum (she has never won in eight years of doing this).

1 Like

@jont2001 and @profk the Final Four is tonight. Prof is out of the running in our group, the winner will be decided by whoever wins between Kansas (jon) and Villanova (me).

Nice Final Four this year: a couple of quality, heavyweight teams in the match up mentioned above, and on the other side you have the archetypal Cinderella of Loyola-Chicago up against Michigan. Should be good!

1 Like

I can’t watch it this weekend sadly but should be good! Cmon Kansas

But I picked Kansas to win?! :frowning:

@jont2001 also picked them to win and is ahead of you at this stage, so you can’t overtake him. I am currently in last place, but Villanova beating Kansas would leapfrog me in to first as I have them to win, and would also mean neither of you would have any more points available.

1 Like

God damn it

March Madness can be cruel.

2 Likes

Hey @profk and @jont2001, I have only just caught up and watched the final earlier today, so without further waiting here are the results:

1. Flashlight 720 points
  2. Jont2001 620 points
  3. Profk 580 points

My victory was sealed with Villanova obliterating Kansas in the Final Four (absolute clinic of 3 point shooting in that game from them), and they then went on to comfortably beat Michigan in the final. Moritz Wagner from Michigan and Donte DiVincenzo from Nova should make good NBA players, not sure if they are going in the draft this year or next.

I was going to make a little trophy for the winner but it seems silly to do it for myself. Next year I will try arrange this earlier and we can hopefully get a slightly bigger group going, I had fun doing this and I am not just saying that because I won :sunglasses:

3 Likes

You blatantly are.