BATS! (spelled backwards is STAB) 🦇

YAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS

DOUBLE YYYAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS

2 Likes

thank you for your invitation to this thread. i enjoy the musical stylings of popular beat combo BATS and am somewhat excited for their new long player.

4 Likes

Could have sworn they said they were recording the 3rd album “soon” early last year? That it went completey silent afterwards had me worried. Glad that there’s more stuff coming.

Hope they do a good sized tour, doesn’t seem like they (ever?) play that many shows.

there can’t be that many bands whose name can be reversed to spell another word. Offhand I can only think of one: the Enid (ENID <-> DINE).

Speed of Snakes (Rupert from BATS and Vinny from Adebisi Shank) album out on St Patrick’s Day

2 Likes

About fucking time they released something else! NICE.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed that. Thanks

2 Likes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rupertbats/bats-alter-nature/pledge/new?clicked_reward=false

Pledged!

4 Likes

Got a first single from this today…

I heartily approve of the LP cover:

4 Likes

Weird, I woke this morning with a urge to listen to BATS, wasn’t expecting new music. :smiley:

1 Like

Excellent artwork.

The Sleep of Reason art always reminds me of the Alien films.

2 Likes

On first listen, this is great :smiley:
Almost metal.

2 Likes

Kickstarter/pre-order release is out now on MP3. Think the vinyl has arrived, but I need to get it from the post office later.

Diving in now, already sounds huge.

2 Likes

Didn’t realise it was going to arrive today, but it’s a nice surprise that it has. Looking forward to sticking it on over the weekend. The shirt it came with is great too.

Seems really good after a couple of swift listens. Wasn’t massively in love with the first single but fits better in the context of the LP, and the first 3 tracks on the album all had me grinning from ear to ear.

1 Like

New album is out!

3 Likes

Oh yes, this is ace! In The Court Of The C-R-I-S-P-R King :grinning:

2 Likes

Enjoying this, very satisfying. The pacing is really good, very easy to start over after its finished.

Gone back and listened to the other 2 for the first time in a while, so many good moments, these tracks are dense with short+fun riffs/vocals and I love them for it. Hope they do some more live shows.

1 Like

this is loads of fun so far

used to love BATS but i’ve hardly listened to them in the last few years. gonna dust off The Sleep of Reason over the weekend i reckon

1 Like