Batteries - A go-home thread to speed up that lagging Monday afternoon

You’ll never guess what just fucking happened, friends! My gf was all like “ooh have we got any triple A batteries for my headphones?” and I was like (internally) “FUCK RIGHT OFF! ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW!? YOU’RE ASKING FOR BATTERIES THE DAY AFTER I MADE A BATTERY THREAD!? NO FUCKING WAY” and then I was like (externally) “Dunno mate, I’ll have a look in the drawer” and you’ll never guess what was bloody there…

2 Likes

@zxcvbnm2

This is the other thread about batteries just in case you miss my reply to you in that other thread

1 Like

I actually purchased a load of C batteries a few weeks back.

What device were they for if you don’t mind me asking?

A bit weird, but automated cat food bowls that only one cat can open.

We’ve got two cats and ones on medicated cat food, and can’t eat normal cat food.

What an age we live it

Yeah it reads the microchip in their neck and only opens the bowl when they get near.

1 Like

Everyone coping ok without their normal supply of batteries during this period of lockdown?

Bought some Ds for the cat feeders. Turns out they needed Cs. Bought some Cs. Got a load of unnecessary Ds.

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

God, it’s a stupid planet isn’t it!

Yeah the best was me telling my wife they were the right ones and her getting increasingly angry that she couldn’t get them to fit and me thinking she was a fool and then realising I had bought the wrong ones.

You could power a lot of shit off me Ds. Might have to make some sort of weapon.

1 Like

Classic domestic grievance that

1 Like

I still don’t get this reference despite being inadvertently immersed in the world of Metallica for a couple of months

Did you Quantum Leap into Lars Ulrich? Oh boy

I typed the word “Quantum” several times yesterday but kept spelling it wrong despite that

They’ve got a power ballad called Battery. That’s it.

Ah right, thanks for saying that

I’m power balled

What?

didn’t ask