Battles

hate to be that guy but BRING BACK TYONDAI

5 Likes

I preferred Gloss Drop to Mirrored, just about. But yeah I think I agree.

1 Like

they were :fire: live back then tho

3 Likes

That Tij live video is immense. Probably still on the old YouTube.

I prefer Gloss Drop to Mirrored, but always think it is a pointless opinion as Mirrored is so totally awesome, and a bit different to GD so who cares?

Sad other bloke has gone though - always thought he was doing more of the heavy lifting than he was credited.

2 Likes

Heard it on the radio this morning. Is pretty terrible

Which radio station is playing this?

6 music

Yes. Answered the question in my head as soon as I posted. Still, must sound mental in that context.

Diminishing returns from Battles for me to be honest. Still producing interesting stuff, and the drums always sound great, but given how much I love the first two albums I can’t help but be disappointed by the later stuff.

Pretty much. Were cracking live when I saw them a couple of years ago, but really cba with them now. Shame.

1 Like

Would echo the past crackingness of Battles live - with and without Tyondai Braxton. Saw them play the 930 Club in DC a few years back and they were brilliantly loopy.

Always loved their albums too, but this new track is pretty ordinary. Disappointed.

Just listened to the new track

hqdefault

I’m digging this.

“You were really cool whatever your name was…”

1 Like

remember seeing them with prefuse 73 & dirty projectors supporting.
good gig that was.

They have been totally awesome every time I have seen them, which is a handful, but I don’t think I saw them around the last album so has been a while.

Anyone else at that late night ATP show which went off like a missile in the Centre Stage? Think that was my favourite.

1 Like

The one after stars of the lid?

RIP other bloke

1 Like

thought they were great live round about the time gloss drop was released but don’t think it’s half as good as mirrored, still find it a mind blowing record 12 years on

new one would be ok if whoever is wailing on it wasn’t doing that

1 Like

New one sounds like their latest bid to get featured on a car advert

1 Like