Battles

Good.

5 Likes

(Had no idea they were still going TBH.)

I still remember when DiS went ham for like a whole month when the debut album came out

2 Likes

Absolutely freaks my nut that Tyondai Braxton is Anthony Braxton’s son. Tyondai’s post-Battles LP Central Market is really good.

4 Likes

They were so good live.
Like, really good.

16 Likes

I remember when they played Field Day not long after the debut came out and due to technical issues, they started late and only got to play 3 songs.

Reckon 80% of that audience were DiSers

5 Likes

Got a vivid memory of introducing them to a friend who then promptly described them as “making the music evil clowns make”

9 Likes

:musical_note: Unbreak my heart :musical_note:

6 Likes

Still love that first album. Saw them play twice, and their set at EitS ATP was especially awesome

6 Likes

Can confirm I was there.

That’s two of us.

4 Likes

We watched that set till the played Atlas and then went down and went to see Envy. I regret nothing.

2 Likes

I saw them play Whelan’s in Dublin before the first album came out and they were stunning. The place was sold out somehow and the crowd was wild.

Saw them at the Astoria touring Mirrored supported by Fuck Buttons and Dirty Projectors (who replaced Liars at the last minute). Battles and FBs were obviously amazing.

4 Likes

Absolute shitfest. Volume on the main stage never got above background music in a shop volume

4 Likes

That’s 3

1 Like

Four

3 Likes

I didn’t see them at Field Day (I think I was watching Four Tet or Caribou, maybe - I avoided the main stage that year), but I did see most of their set at EITS ATP the next May (like @UncleRetrospective we left part way through to watch Envy), and also at Iceland Airwaves seven years ago, when they were a bit boring.

Going to be a proper indie kid now and say that I preferred the EPs that came out before Mirrored.

1 Like

Must have been Four Tet you were watching as I saw Caribou too, and never liked Four Tet

That Envy set was incredable.

Used to be a very frustrating festival. Amazing line ups but wall to wall dickheads and the terrible sound.

2 Likes