BBBQ Thread (rolling)

Just lit the chimney, gonna smoke a gammon over some applewood. Or that’s the idea, anyway…

Then doing a ‘normal’ barbecue this evening.

1 Like

Lots of positive replies. More than I expected. Got 3 hours to shower and prep a barbecue for 10

today is indeed the day. I currently have a 80 pound pig roasting in the smoker.

:+1:

4 Likes

A step or two up from my wee gammon joint, I’ll admit…

2 Likes

That looks delicious. I will be sending massive amounts of pics later, he’s roasting slower than I want right now, need him ready by 3PM (little less than 6 hours from now). But I can’t risk overcooking, so door staying shut for a couple of hours for optimal smoke.

Need to get 200 jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon on there to. Folks might be eating an hour later than I wanted, oh well.

2 Likes

I want to come to your party.

1 Like

Might do a half lamb leg on the bbq tomorrow. Might not though. Still don’t have a thermometer :face_with_thermometer:

1 Like

Get on the plane still have plenty of time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

You don’t need one. If it looks cooked, then it is cooked. No-one ever got sick from undercooked meat anyway.

1 Like

If I didn’t already have plans to meet the ATD (All Time DiSer @wileycat I’d be on my way to the airport! :kissing_heart:

Yeah, to be fair I’ll be slow cooking it, so if it tears it’s done, if not, i can wait.

6 Likes

apple in the mouth?

That’s only in the movies my friend.

wrong! I have been to a hog roast with an apple in the beast’s mouth.

1 Like

if i was round yours for a bbq and I noticed the pig didn’t have an apple in its mouth, i’d be like ‘hey goober, where’s the apple’

3 Likes

Then your eating brisket only :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

So glad you suggested this, it’s been a staple of my barbecues ever since.

1 Like

Hot going yesterday - feel like my face might be partially BBBQed today…

2 Likes

That’s a lot of sausages