BBC 6 music presents ‘The Biggest Weekend’

Underworld are really enjoyable - I must confess I haven’t checked out any of their albums post Beaucoup Fish. Rez is a monster of a song!

1 Like

I watched Orbital on catch up, though it’s very painful to use on my TV. Loved them. And it’s disconcerting to know I saw them live at Glastonbury 24 years ago. 24! Eek.

A hundreds days off is ok, with a couple of bangers on it. I preferred Oblivion with bells, which had several songs that I felt were their best in years. Barking is awful, just skip it. Then Barbara is a return to form, with a handful of really good songs on again.

Oh man, would love to have worked with him on a design job. Curious what that would have been like. Did you design at Tomato back in the day?

Simple Minds are playing in the background at the wife’s behest. They really are stadium rock on a budget aren’t they? Like the Poundland U2. Going down well though seemingly…

There seems to be so much stuff missing on the iplayer that I was hoping to catch like Rae Morris, Shame, Wolf Alice, Hannah Peel, The Orielles, Chvrches, Phoebe Bridgers

Annoying isn’t it? Can’t find full Chvrches set which I would have thought would have been no fuss at all

I came across a Hannah Peel vid earlier but don’t know about the full set. Don’t think they filmed as much of the second stage

It’s really nice seeing how much the 6music folk enjoyed their time over here

2 Likes

‘once i enjoyer a band, seriously’

Goldie’s drummers were very impressive. Don’t think I’ve seen DnB drummed like that live before!

I got to do some work experience there when I first left Uni in 2000. Was mostly making coffee for John Warwicker, but they got me involved in a few minor bits and pieces which was pretty cool. Also got to use their photographic equipment in the basement for my own projects. I did a thing for Karl Hyde where he was doing a photographic project called 365 Sofas, which mostly involved me scanning in 365 photos of sofas he’d snapped around the world (and a whole bunch of ‘not sofas’) and putting them into a photoshop file for him.

He was a gent and kindly signed my copy of Everything Everything, and I tried to keep my inner fanboy in check the entire time.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Nice tale.

They were great, but it was quite annoying to have them on at the start of the day. Would have been a lovely lead in to underworld

So, what’s the other good song apart from ‘Wait in the Car’ then? Could’ve sworn the last album had loads of good songs too…most confused now!

probably cuz Lauren accidentally swore Live on BBC