Fuck BBC News

Remembering the marble olympics now. Hard, hard times.

1 Like

Yeah I think this was part of the point I was trying to make, but more concise and funny.

Preaching to the choir here but would it kill them to get a sound bite off an actual member of the Trans community regarding todays news, or like ever?

No, let’s hear the completely unchallenged opinion of a TERF like Rosie Fucking Duffield MP.

*screams into void.

9 Likes

Good to see that’s been removed now.

He was interviewed AGAIN the other day to talk about this dog. ended up with a big discussion about adopting dogs where the presenter was saying to some lady something like "your dog bites people…there’s no other option is there…the one option…you’ve just got one option.

:woozy_face:

It’s been defluffed somewhat, but I’m still not standing for this

:arrow_down_small:

7 Likes

Thank you

For a professional writer he’s not so hot on the old punctuation is he?

4 Likes

UFO was not my first thought

27 Likes

25 likes for a filthy cloud. 'spose it is Thursday

good news everyone, the BBC is definitely absolutely fine

3 Likes
22 Likes

The BBC coverage of the strikes today has been uniformly disgusting. A fully captured institution.

4 Likes

I’ve caught up on this thread over the last week or so, and something came up today on the BBC news that I think I have a problem with.

I don’t know if this is specifically a BBC thing or just a British attitudes thing, but I keep seeing articles like this about the UK hosting Eurovision and how we can ‘capitalise on the event’ when the only reason we’re even hosting it is beause the actual winners last year are currently being invaded and bombed on a pretty much daily basis. I feel like the mood has changed from ‘let’s do our best to honour Ukraine’ to ‘let’s see how we can profit from this’ which doesn’t sit right with me.

3 Likes

Personally I can’t comprehend that a culture minister in this government could stoop that low. No you must be imagining it :wink:

1 Like

Am struggling to see the issue. Maybe because I am close to a lot of the preparations for the event.

Ukraine will feature heavily on the coverage

This is just highlighting that it also stimulates the local tourism, hospitality, events economy etc

2 Likes

Are we doing general BBC criticism here? Because even ‘me glasses keep slipping down me nose’ is better than this:

2 Likes

As Will pointed out, that was just a random snippet from the show, and all the rest was just as bad.

Oh is this the one where they gave Linehan a sympathetic interview?

1 Like

Yup

Unfiltered right wing grievance politics for the kinds of people who like to get angry at memes on Facebook. I am appalled. Another example of them being swayed (without very much pressure at all) to producing vile right wing content in this case I assume they are trying to attract GB News viewers. There is no reforming this.

1 Like