BBC News Observation

Listened to the Today programme over the weekend. They covered the Greta Thunberg/climate strike in Bristol by simply reading out verbatim the reports from the Daily Mail and the Sun without comment.

Fuck, and, off.

uFoRgIvAbLe DaMAgE

2 Likes

Huge? It is a bit of grass, they didn’t cut down an old growth forest to hold the rally, grass recovers pretty quick.

Also damage to nature? Hardly a natural space, is it.

4 Likes

Literally the only other thing that happens on that “green space” is people having cans after work in August, by which time it will have made a full recovery.

1 Like

I live in the centre of Bristol. Two things about that damage… 1) they instantly launched a crowdfunder and 2) it doesn’t look like they’ll need it, it’s already growing back.

BBC News vexes me a lot these days, but I will still fight for the corporation as a whole. And the bits we don’t like… you’ll never be able to try and improve them once they’re gone for good.

1 Like

5 Likes

I’d heard throughout the week that this week’s moral maze was going to be discussing islamophobia. So obviously knew that was going to be awful (the moral is always awful).

Didn’t realise until I was driving home that this was the lineup

idk if there is a ‘fair fucks to the BBC’ thread but, fair fucks to the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2020/bbc-keeping-nation-informed-educated-entertained

2 Likes

Nah fuck em

2 Likes

They’re just softening us up for back to back Cadfael and Mrs Brown’s Boys.

4 Likes

what’s wrong with Cadfael? All I remember is that he had a funny bald bit on his head. I was quite young.

https://halfmanhalfbiscuit.uk/90-bisodol-crimond/tommy-walshs-eco-house/

4 Likes

It may also raise eyebrows that he has used the stresses of this crisis to make his political case.

oh absolutely fuck off.

14 Likes

“A national crisis, that emphasises the need for the changes you wanted to make, is no time to discuss said changes!!”

10 Likes

Glad he’s going out with both middle fingers firmly raised tbh.

28 Likes

Some shite in this thread cw corona / deaths

2 Likes

Late in the day, I know, but I thought it wouldn’t do any harm to amend the thread title to reflect ^this.

2 Likes

Wtaf

I know the answer to this very reasonable question actually for once has a very resonable answer but, what the fuck BBC there isn’t anything else going on in the world.