Fuck BBC News

I’d recommend listening to him one morning.

He’s had a bestseller about moving on from being wired to the attention economy. People can grow and change, and seems he really has.

I have listened to JOB, and frequently see takes on Twitter. I think he’s a smug, self-satisfied centrist who thinks dunking on incoherent callers for viral vids is a valid substitute for holding a meaningful position on anything.

12 Likes

wasn’t it only a few months ago that a caller said Keir Starmer wasn’t very good and JOB fully lost it and started shouting about The Red Flag at him?

i’m pretty sure you’re only allowed to be on BBC/LBC and hate the right just so long as you equally hate the left.

i initially liked him for the clips of him clashing with Brexit voters and stuff but i remember watching him interview Rees Mogg and realising how out of his depth he is when he’s not taking on a random member of the public, and i can’t stand the way he hams up his exasperation at the drop of a hat as if he’s in panto. there comes a point when you realise he is essentially David Brent.

6 Likes

Probably helps that I’m a raving centrist who voted for chaos with Ed Milliband.

1 Like

I wasn’t questioning the UK bit, just the word people (haven’t actually read the article so no idea exactly which groups of people are actually included in the rule changes)

This is amazing

2 Likes

Positives: Our corporate overlords might be able to squeeze a tiny bit more juice out of the planet before they drown in shit like the rest of us. Fuck you, children.

1 Like

Huddersfield by the sea

2 Likes

Both sidesing climate catastrophe?! They’ve outdone themselves here

3 Likes

This is one of the worst things I’ve seen in a while. Just the most mundane way of dismissing the heat death of the planet and the suffering of future generations by a ‘respected’ organisation. It doesn’t fucking matter if they change it - The fact someone thought this was worth writing in the first place is horrific.

Depressing question: Does it actually reflect the curriculum?

1 Like

Looking through the replies. Yes it does for eduqas.

The aqa one is completely different Impacts of climate change - Climate change - AQA - GCSE Geography Revision - AQA - BBC Bitesize

Really says something that both exam boards see the closure of ski resorts as one of the climate emergency’s greatest consequences

14 Likes

14 Likes

came here to post about this. I’m astonished this is happening, and I’m generally a very stonish person on this stuff.

If you can’t handle the Chinese Communist Party at its worst, you don’t deserve it at its best

“New shipping routes will become available” ahahaha, yeah it’ll be so much easier to ship goods around the world when half the countries are underwater, i for one cannot wait for this exciting trading opportunity

4 Likes

“accidents on the roads in winter could be less likely to occur”

true, can’t have accidents on the road when everyone is dead

6 Likes

That jumped out at me as one that’s probably easy to debunk with about 30 seconds of research.

Less wet/icy weather, is presumably the premise? But my hunch is that bad weather is only tenuously or marginally a direct reason for the vast majority of road accidents.

There’s already roads crumbling to pieces in America, right now

Ok. That was easy enough to find.

“Slippery road due to weather” + “Vision affected by rain, sleet, snow, fog or dazzling sun” = contributory factors (so not necessarily the sole cause) in approx 10% of reported accidents. Fatalities are around half that.

And the Bitesize thing mentions domestic holidaying opportunities due to drier summers. My understanding was that summers are liable to become warmer but also wetter.

Just a load of bollox innit.