BBC4 scrapped?

(And bbc3 got a loooooot better after that tbf)

Could even show some late nights on 2 in a similar way they do with 3 on 1 atm
Probably will tbh would be nonsense not to

1 Like

Remember the beeb have done this kind of “oh yeah we might kill it off, soz” thing before with 6Music and there was an equally huge outcry and they kept it, and now it’s doing better than ever. Part of me wonders if leaking stuff like this is just testing the water to see public reaction. The story seems to come up every few years for BBC4 (there’s an Torygraph article here from six years ago, for instance) but it never happens.

1 Like

tbf this is exactly what happened to bbc3 after they went iplayer-only. no more shitty reality stuff or hellscape sitcoms to pad out the schedule

2 Likes

oh i thought thats what they were doing

What was that AWFUL BBC3 sitcom about university that started around 2009?

1 Like

Coming Of Age?

the writer’s moved on to being a full-time walloper on twitter nowadays

Hahaha, that was piss

Or a fucking chat show based around a woefully unfunny shitcom that makes me want to gnaw my arm off. YES MRS BROWN’S BOYS I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU

1 Like

That coincided with my uni years and I remember being unreasonably vitriolic about it. The writer becoming an right wing prick is such a satisfying development ngl

Nah, I think it was this:

Embarrassingly I think I remember guiltily enjoying bits of this one

looks like a real hoot

What is it about sitcom writers and being Twitter’s HQ of chuds

1 Like

Genuinely never heard of this. Looked it up on YouTube and surprised to see Lynn as the mum.

This rumour was started by the Torygraph, which is hardly a friend of the BBC, so let’s not shit the bed just yet.

Here’s the petition…