BBQ thread

Might do a bbq at the weekend (I’m mad me)

What’s your bbq go-tos?

Are you a cremated Richmond banger and Birds Eye beef and onion burger person ?

or do you go all in for smoked lamb shoulder cooked for 15 hours and served with artisanal couscous and chicory pomegranate molasses and fennel slaw?

Just trying to think of something fun tbh.

BBBQ Thread (rolling) - Social - Drowned in Sound | Community

1 Like

I love going to a BBQ and enjoy a cheap sausage (steady!) as much as the 15-hour lamb shoulder.

However, I cannot be arsed BBQing at home.

1 Like

Tandoori chicken and lamb koftas with flatbreads etc innit

1 Like

I get this, especially as there’s only 2 of us it always ends up on the wrong side of the effort:enjoyment ratio.

But got nothing else to do!

I’ve got a Weber kettle - bought a box of wood blocks and stuff last year in anticipation of doing some “low and slow” / smoking type cooking but I never got round to it

I do like doing a whole fish like sea bass. Do a few bruschetta on the bbq too, bit of salad. Lovely

Also try par boiling some new pots for about 5 mins or so - then put them in a couple of tin foil parcels with olive oil, whole crushed garlic cloves and maybe rosemary. Put them on the bbq. Lovely

Last one of the year I did was November, but today definitely feels like a day you could BBQ and probably eat outside :thinking: Next weekend day like this, might fire it up…

1 Like

We’ve got a gas barbecue, and I know that they don’t make food as delicious as normal barbecues (so please don’t @ me!), but it does mean that if you just want to cook a couple of sausages it’s a lot less wasteful.

1 Like

Also we’ve got a courtyard rather than a garden so you just end up creating a giant BBQ bong

1 Like

Thinly veiled ‘I live in a fucking castle’ post

:smiley:

This is about a half of our courtyard in sunnier times

1 Like

Jousting competition just out of shot was it!!

2 Likes

We were just playing some baroque music for the afternoon dancing

1 Like