Be honest

Yes but it wasn’t very secret.

1 Like

I don’t think I know who it was tbf

1 Like

Then it was a little bit secret.

1 Like

I often close the community.drownedinsound.com tab and absentmindedly open a new tab for community.drownedinsound.com almost immediately

0 voters

I don’t know what being in administration actually means and what an administrator is

I have one or more other users on ‘mute’ or ‘ignore’

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I know people joke about my lack of giving out likes, but what you say about the selfie thread is how I feel about them in general.

Another forum I used to post in had them, and it meant that I compulsively had to read every single post, even going back years to old threads, as I developed huge anxiety about whether or not I was upsetting some people by not showing my appreciation when I had done for others.

Then when we moved to this forum, you were limited to the number of likes that you were able to give out (I know that’s not the case now), and I had a bit of a stress out about running out of likes and upsetting people.

2 Likes

I think this can sometimes be enough y’know? You can get irked by something, write out an eggy response, find the act of doing so has got it out of your system and then happily hit ‘abandon post’.

It’s probably a good thing tbh - there’s enough bad blood in the world without adding more on an internet forum.

3 Likes

I do have very high standards as well, obviously.

(it’s also not very sweet, as it meant that I was staying up until the early hours of the morning going through old threads like a compulsive gamer)

anonymous poll for people in couples

• i live with my partner and am happy with that
  • i live with my partner and wish i didn’t
  • i don’t live with my partner and am happy with that
  • i don’t live with my partner and wish i did

0 voters

oh wait this thread is just for how people post on dis
vote in my poll anyway!

2 Likes

I have introduced a friend in real life to DiS

• Yes
  • No, I like to keep this part of my life hemetically sealed off

0 voters

standard excuse for how you know a disser if they bump into friends of yours:

• know them off the internet
  • know them through gigs
  • other

0 voters

Me and @grievoustim have a mutual friend who’s into his music, so chances are he was probably aware of DiS, but I don’t think he’d have stumbled across the forums or read them in any detail.

(unless you’re lurking that is Dave?)

Introduced @aboynamedgoo to my WIFE the other weekend. World’s colliding

3 Likes

It’s not just for that it’s for anything don’t worry!

I don’t have a partner so cannot vote though sorry

Old enough to not have any shame about this anymore / online dating happened and made all this type of thing fine

2 Likes

Chubby fingers! I have never purposefully introduced an irl friends to DiS :sweat_smile:

I get upset or miffed if my photo in a selfie thread gets less likes than others

• Yes
  • Nah

0 voters

who’d be crazy enough to like my ugly mug anyway :wink:

2 Likes