Beansprouts in a jar

Remind me baby of you

5 Likes

:smiley: i fucking KNEW you were gonna post this, was singing it to myself in anticipation hahahahahaha god I love you

1 Like

:heart: I’m just surprised nobody got there first!

1 Like

back in my first attempts to make ‘proper food’, I’d get the bags of stir fry veg + sauce and noodles deals, and I never understood what the point of the beansprouts was

do you actively enjoy beansprouts?

1 Like

I do! They’re my favourite part of a stir fry. Same with water chestnuts. Think it’s a texture thing maybe? Adds a bit of crunch to an otherwise perhaps soft meal

:yum:

2 Likes

Been wondering something similar about those big jars of hot dog sausages you can buy. Do you have to eat them all once you open the jar? There’s loads of them

Not sure what the problem is

2 Likes

Great lads, are water chestnuts. Gonna get some when I next do a Big Shop, reckon I could sit and eat them like crisps.

2 Likes

That’s a very good question, actually. I presume so? But then, how long do snouts and arseholes and eyelids take to go off? Tinned you definitely would.
God I love a mystery meat hotdog.

1 Like

that’s what I was thinking, they’re one of the kind of crunchy boiz that you get

I’m sat trying to remember the sensations of eating a stir-fry rn and considering what’s important to me, and I think I mainly value them for the noodles and the sauce

oh! I like to get my crunch mostly from baby corn and mange tout, kermie, because they also have flavour other than ‘sort of green water’

1 Like

That or offer them to your neighbours I guess.

Just leave them out on a wall with a sign

That’s a very fair take! Hey, if you don’t want beansprouts you don’t have to have beansprouts, don’t let anyone tell you differently.

This is the recipe I normally use (so easy, not really a stir fry though)

The peppers have a bit of a crunch, and I don’t add chicken or prawns or whatever cause I don’t eat much meat or fish. So the beansprouts are vital! Vital I tell you!

I don’t have any red pickled ginger! what makes it red, that’s what I would like to know

I have lots of other miscellaneous ingredients, though.

I think I wanted to make my own black bean sauce with this…

1 Like

Exciting! If you do, let us know how it goes!

Tbf I don’t either, it’s a garnish more than anything isn’t it? I’m just here for the carbs and the beansprouts.

1 Like

Save it f…

1 Like

Dormice in a rage

Do you remember when beansprouts were really dangerous? Was a few years ago, some kind of bacteria thing. Be careful!

1 Like

What, no?! Omg! Killer beansprouts!!

(Would also be a great band name)

1 Like

What are you trying to achieve?

Yes I do, they probably won’t look like what you’re expecting.

Like, they’re beans, and they sprout, but they don’t look like ‘beansprouts’ and don’t really serve the same purpose

Unless you buy actual beansprout beans I guess. We used them to make our own bean burgers BTW, they’re very nice