Beatles Film

You seem happy enough in your posts here

4 Likes

They are clearly punting here

4 Likes

The longheld narrative that during the tail end of the band’s career they were constantly at eachother’s throats never really holds up. There was tension, of course, reflecting the fact that they were drifting apart artistically, wanting to do their own things, but ultimately anyone can see that underneath all the bullshit they liked eachother.

It’s refreshing to see this particular narrative being highlighted with this footage.

1 Like

I think that footage in there of Lennon in the green t shirt is the first time I’ve seen footage of late period beatles and thought they looked like their actual age instead of at least 10 years older

2 Likes

Yes! I was thinking the same, they are young men still

they played it 3 times

Ive never seen such Peter jackson footage

2 Likes

Talk about memory loss!!!

Never even heard of any of the other songs tbf. Should have played it 12 times!1

1 Like

Oh wait is i got a feeling a black eyed peas cover?

9 Likes

I think because of the madness of Christmas I started reading this thread and forgot all about it. DisneyPlus has the preview on there so here we are.

The footage does look absolutely incredible. Looking at the original film
https://vimeo.com/294268030
it is quite amazing it looks that good. I read it’s because of Jackson’s work on the WW One film that they asked him to do this. According to Wikipedia it was film in 16MM and then converted up, which I think its like Moonrise Kingdom and I can tell you if you saw that in the front row of the cinema it was so grainy it was like watching through a cloud of flies so this is really incredible.

Also, nice:

1 Like

Did you spot the poster on the cutting room wall?

Not from the new doc but hadn’t seen this before.

1 Like

WOAH! I want that poster now!

2 Likes

Uuugh… Peter Jackson has Peter Jacksoned the film, turning it into a six hour trilogy. :frowning:

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/the-beatles-get-back-now-set-to-debut-on-disney/

It’s a few guys in a room. For SIX hours. :frowning:

2 Likes

When Peter Jackson was growing up he was bitten by a radioactive trilogy

25 Likes

ffs

An hour on each beatle (Inc. his two favourite 5th beatles: Brian Epstein and gimli son of gloin)

13 Likes

Wait until the special extended edition is announced. I hear Jackson has been able to whittle the 60hrs of footage available down to a tight 59hr run time for it.

4 Likes

Six hours is fine, that’s like half a Netflix series

5 Likes