Been the "architect of your own downfall" lately?

Please talk about times you have been the “architect of your own downfall” in the last 10-12 days.

I’m in a meeting in a couple of minutes so hopefully you can all behave yourself while I’m gone.

Thanks in advance x

1 Like

My babyccino comment in the Rome thread

I ordered this from a company that prints stuff to order:

So since I put that order together, and I kept a set for myself, you could say that I was the architect of my own (copy of) Downfall.

Unfortunately it was in March so doesn’t qualify for your thread.

It’s also unfortunate that there’s a Netrunner card called Architect but it’s not in that set.

1 Like

no, but I’ve been hoisted by my own petard.

I quit my job last Thursday. We used Architect analysers there for blood analysis. I used the word “Architect” often in the last 10-12 days.

That’s as best as I can do. I’ll try harder.

Every single day.

1 Like

I got drunk and put £80 into various fruit machines which means I’ll have to tighten the purse strings this month.

Idiotic behaviour.

Had a terrible vertigo attack while brutally hungover after a work conference last Wednesday, was basically whimpering on my hotel room floor for a couple of hours

I often panic when talking to a manager and say I’ve done more work than I actually have and then have to rush that bit of work so it is legitimately finished, causing myself unnecessary stress.

Is this a good example of this thing you have asked?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Poll for @anon5266188 only, I’m afraid

Wasted 4 weeks of lab work by misinterpreting the result of something I did a month ago. More than a little pissed off.

Ongoing project since birth

My meeting has finished now. Got to say I’m disappointed with how this has gone.

in many ways you’ve been the architect of your own disappointment

1 Like

Hahaha! You’re not wrong there Japes, mate. You’re not fucking wrong.