Beer Wankers 2020

I just want all of the stouts, is that too much to ask

3 Likes

Honestly don’t think they’re very good. They’re usually own brand or ‘Freedom’ or something and just poor quality.

They are cheap, especially with the offers, but when you can pick up much better stuff in the supermarket for similar price I did think they’re worth it.

3 Likes

Got one of there boxes before - it did have a few decent bottles in it but most was fairly ordinary and nothing you couldn’t get in a supermarket. They also pack it with their own brand beers which are not great. So exactly what bluto said but with the words in a different order.

1 Like

I think the smaller breweries just do really basic boring beers to keep up with demand as it’s quite a huge production requirement / quota

Exactly what @bluto and @f_j_gopop said.

The one I got was dead cheap and most of the beer was pretty average. The snacks were nice.

Plus they’re producing each can for around 90p each, so it’s not going to be brilliant stuff. Some breweries use these types of contracts as a loss leader (I’m reliably informed)

Is this from Vinoramica? I haven’t been there for a while.

To play the Ghost of Christmas Future for a moment, no, it’s not too much to ask, but in my experience they will make you stout as the name suggests.

1 Like

Visited Big Morrisons earlier and grabbed the Broken Dream (4 for £6). I really hope this isn’t the point at which the quality goes over a cliff.

1 Like

Felt like I needed a break from stouts. This is pretty good, not aggressively bitter but gentle pine resin and citrus. Doesn’t taste like a 7+ per center either.

3 Likes

Yeah I am a big fan of this

All apart from the Pohjala which was a gift from a mate.

1 Like

2 Likes

Merry £150 christmas

2 Likes

5 Likes

Bit torn on this…really enjoyed last years, but I’m sure that was 75 for 10!
I’ve also already got a ton of beer. Gah, maybe I’ll just try and get and save the stouts

We’re they 375ml. These look like 750s

1 Like

Ah, good point, they were 375. Tbh that puts me off more, I’m too lightweight for a 750 and whilst lockdown is on there’s not too many my family would want to share there…

Just had a look on Instagram. Of the 9 shown so far the 3 stouts are 750s, the rest are 375

Nm