Beer Wankers 2021

Good use of a day off

5 Likes

Anyone getting absolutely mortal for a tenner at lidl

4 Likes

the greatest (that’s not Augustiner)

3 Likes

Popping to Shoreditch on Friday to do the tried and tested Old Fountain > Fountain Tap > Smokestak. Anyone been in The Strongroom recently? Not been since I can’t remember when, but looks like they have some interesting cans.

Yeah I went a couple times in the summer before opening PIVO, it’s got some decent options and a nice enough outside area, never sat inside.

Also come see me at Sutton Arms first?

Actually thinking about it, the last time I was in there was when I did…

Yeah, nice. I reckon I might knock off early and have a couple in there first.

5 Likes

Hazy stouts

3 Likes

Absolutely grinning at this story, cheers

1 Like

Glad i didn’t book to go to copenhagen beer celebration

1 Like

they took this well then…

https://twitter.com/CraftBeerCall/status/1447982575344103429?t=k4JowsN5mJgvzNhsqvI1Lg&s=19

1 Like

very depressing after everything this year that, 18 hrs later, none of the many tagged breweries* have said anything about this

*Had to unfollow Paul Jones a while ago so not sure if he has, or if toxic behaviour on social media still only relates to questioning their relationship with brewdog

1 Like

Uh, wow.

Imagine just following a beer festival you were excited about and getting this in your timeline??? Fucking bizarre behaviour.

He locked his account again yesterday cos he somehow found a way to make the Mikkeller thing about Cloudwater and his personal grievances over the Tesco thing :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

It was a very impressive irking.

3 Likes

Statement just out now:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CU-FnYLqpER/?utm_medium=copy_link

1 Like

for those not on insta… what does it say…?

Comedy to see Wylam on the list

5 Likes

between the formats of twitter and insta I find a lot of this stuff literally hard to read, any time an issue like this emerges (whatever the topic) i feel i only have a surface grasp of it until the Guardian or something does a “normal” news piece on it

10 Likes

Yeah I couldn’t really believe Paul’s chat yesterday, really mate you’re picking now to get defensive about your questionable move - failing to recognise that yes people did specifically get disappointed by him/CW because of his previous words and actions - when it’s not even the most important thing happening right now AND YOU’RE STAYING SILENT ABOUT GOING TO WYLAM’S FESTIVAL WHEN YOU SHOULD FUCKING KNOW BETTER GIVEN YOU KNOW THE PERSON INVOLVED IN THE FUCKING STORY arghhh the man angers me so much not a hint of irony of self-awareness I’m so glad to be reminded why I stopped working for him

2 Likes

Honestly after the whole Sheikhead nonsense I’m not surprised

1 Like

thanks for posting that btw

2 Likes