Beer Wankers 2022

Last shift at my old job today, the universe has thankfully organised to provide me with Plum Porter (Grand Reserve!) as a reward :+1::+1:

9 Likes

Ooh some regulars shared a bottle that just before Xmas, was good

1 Like

Evening star?

1 Like

Quick pint in-between film screenings. State of it.

1 Like

Yes! In there pretty rarely these days but spent a a while at the bar chatting to my old colleague and the odd regular while drinking a few plum porters. Pretttty nice tbh

Recognised those pumps. Such a great pub

1 Like

Staving off the back to work dread for one more day with this beauty.

So amazingly tart and fruity, real refreshing change from silly stout season

3 Likes

Watching The Hairy Bikers. They’re at Kirkby Lonsdale Brewery. Their cask beers look bloody lovely

Had a lovely Siren coffee/lemon gose - one of the best non-standard coffee beers I’ve had in forever

https://www.theepicureanbeers.co.uk/collections/british-beers/products/siren-craft-brew-project-barista-press-to-zest-lemon-coffee-gose-4-5-440ml

3 Likes

Yeah Old Fountain had the whole series one, we’ve got cans of the bitter at ours which is really nice

Brother got me that Northern Monk distilled Triple IPA for xmas, anyone had it, is it any good?

(And a glass and tasting note book)

Had never heard of banked beer before (apparently the pints are half poured, put in the fridge, then taken out later and topped up), seems to be a Teeside thing. I’m in.

3 Likes

So like slow pour lager in Germany or Czech? You son of a bitch I’m in.

1 Like

Rarely see a Bass around here these days. I’ll have one of them instead… oh that’s a Bass IPA or something is it?

1 Like

Party round yours later then

3 Likes

Multiple cans of the same beer in a Suds and Soda order

7 Likes

Nice - I like Drop Project. Just read their closing their tap room which is disappointing (was in a shit location though tbh).

Mine arrived today too

In retrospect probably should have gone a dozen but this will last a couple of weekends

3 Likes

That’d last me 2 days :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t drink at the pace I used to, and I never bother with nice shit on week nights.

Generally it’s two cans of lager a night, maybe a whiskey before bed, day in, day out.

At weekends, if I’m watching football or something, I’ll usually add in a couple of wanker beers as well (ideally something hoppy and something dark), so this will do me fine for at least four evenings of treats.

1 Like