Beer Wankers 2022

Got the gift box (which now seems off sale) but haven’t opened it yet. Highlights?

It is absolutely pathetic imo. These awards are completely meaningless and hardly anyone outside of the people nominated for them have even heard of them. To have a meltdown several years running…

6 Likes

11 Likes

We should mark it as a date in the DiS Beer Wanker calendar, really. Total Curtis having a meltdown day.

1 Like

not quite sure what the original post means - which is the bad outcome?

1 Like

GoPuff is mad. Anyone ever use it? Fancied some beers for the football and they had Augustiner, Kernel, the Vocation Celebration stouts (£3.50), Pressure Drop Pale Fire…

Also, industry awards being given out on the basis of an opaque matrix of factors other than pure merit? Surely not!

I know they can have an impact on people’s profiles and careers, but I think most people in most industries learn not to take these things too seriously, not least because it can mess you up to invest too much of yourself in them.

1 Like

Anyway, Black Friday beer deals then yeah? Weighing up the Overtone one posted above, a Wild Beer one and BBNO’s one atm, any others to make my decisions harder?

This is quite nice, despite the obvious…

1 Like

Yeah, I feel like the intent is “if they can explain IPA it means they’re a sad loser nerd”, which, fair enough, but it feels a bit out of date? Like saying “if they can name three Marvel superheroes, don’t date them”.

1 Like

Or that they drink too much?

1 Like

“If they can’t explain the function of brettanomyces in a lambic, don’t even give them the time of day”

11 Likes

Vault city has a very good twenty percent off if you’re that way inclined. Think it makes the big mixed box of 12 £50 which seems a very good deal

Shippings half price at northern monk…

2 Likes

What’s the wild one?

He’s a 9, but will make you spend a lot of weekends traipsing 'round industrial estates on the outskirts of cities.

6 Likes

Nothing fancy, just some 40-50% discounts on 12 packs of two of their IPAs. Might do it though, as £15 for 12 isn’t bad at all, even with shipping added.

4 Likes

Boo, want the sours!

2 Likes

Just had a look at BBNO, 250ml cans, that’s a new one

Yeah I know right! Wild’s ‘regular’ beers are fine, but it’s not really the point of them: it’s the weird and wonderful stuff where they really excel. Plenty of that on offer too ofc, but not at half-price…

1 Like

Been dropping hints to my wife that they have nice classes, don’t take the piss with shipping to NI AND 20% off today. Feel like I’m 10 again, leaving the Argos catalogue open on the super nintendos, circled in big black marker rings

2 Likes