Behaviour that is confusing and depressing me in equal measure

Graded on a curve?

The lower someone elses grade is the better yours is.

Dog eat dog man, Dog. Eat. Dawg!

My problem is that I say all this and then when I next see him I just act like nothing is wrong and behave exactly the same cos I’m a fucking useless cunt. gdhtfdhfythfdth trfjhfjyyj ytgfgf jgyfjgtfjgfyjfgykgkugkhgkhg uhgkuhggdhtfdhfythfdth trfjhfjyyj ytgfgf jgyfjgtfjgfyjfgykgkugkhgkhg uhgkuhggdhtfdhfythfdth trfjhfjyyj ytgfgf jgyfjgtfjgfyjfgykgkugkhgkhg uhgkuhggdhtfdhfythfdth trfjhfjyyj ytgfgf jgyfjgtfjgfyjfgykgkugkhgkhg uhgkuhggdhtfdhfythfdth trfjhfjyyj ytgfgf jgyfjgtfjgfyjfgykgkugkhgkhg uhgkuhggdhtfdhfythfdth trfjhfjyyj ytgfgf jgyfjgtfjgfyjfgykgkugkhgkhg uhgkuhggdhtfdhfythfdth trfjhfjyyj ytgfgf jgyfjgtfjgfyjfgykgkugkhgkhg uhgkuhggdhtfdhfythfdth trfjhfjyyj ytgfgf jgyfjgtfjgfyjfgykgkugkhgkhg uhgkuhggdhtfdhfythfdth trfjhfjyyj ytgfgf jgyfjgtfjgfyjfgykgkugkhgkhg uhgkuhggdhtfdhfythfdth trfjhfjyyj ytgfgf jgyfjgtfjgfyjfgykgkugkhgkhg uhgkuhggdhtfdhfythfdth trfjhfjyyj ytgfgf jgyfjgtfjgfyjfgykgkugkhgkhg uhgkuhggdhtfdhfythfdth trfjhfjyyj ytgfgf jgyfjgtfjgfyjfgykgkugkhgkhg uhgkuhggdhtfdhfythfdth trfjhfjyyj ytgfgf jgyfjgtfjgfyjfgykgkugkhgkhg uhgkuhggdhtfdhfythfdth trfjhfjyyj ytgfgf jgyfjgtfjgfyjfgykgkugkhgkhg uhgkuhggdhtfdhfythfdth trfjhfjyyj ytgfgf jgyfjgtfjgfyjfgykgkugkhgkhg uhgkuhggdhtfdhfythfdth trfjhfjyyj ytgfgf jgyfjgtfjgfyjfgykgkugkhgkhg uhgkuhg

Now i feel like i’ve been too harsh

next time you send him something make sure you put two spaces after each full stop. will really fuck him off.

1 Like

Now’s the time to step up. You asked for our advice, we’re all telling you the same thing. Be the change you want to see in the world. The buck stops here. Etc etc. Other platitudes are available.

But really, what do you have to lose? The favour of one neurotic guy who’s been a dick to you? Imagine yourself in ten years from now, and think what you would have wanted you to have done, then go and fucking do it.

5 Likes

Can you not sort of stand over him? In my head i’m assuming we’re talking stuff on spreadsheet or PDF or something that’s on his laptop and that he and you regularly work with your laptops right there, so can’t you just be like, “I need that stuff now, can you just put it on email now or on this memory stick” or something like that?

This sounds way shady. He definitely sounds like he’s trying to fuck you over. I would immediately meet with your tutor and explain the whole situation to them. Probably I would show him what you have so that it’s clear when your ‘mate’ submits what he has that’s yours and what you don’t have that he has in his report, right?

1 Like

Sadly there will always be a prick like this, one of them everywhere. Still time to sort it this out though! A text saying “Where’s my stuff and why haven’t you sent it to me, you’ve had lots of opportunities? I’m concerned that I can’t do the work…” would work to get the ball rolling I think?

Can’t believe I read all of this,

Get some perspective mate

you’re not a useless cunt, you just lack a bit of self confidence. go and deal with it man.

1 Like

welcome to the boards

Kill jester

1 Like

This is perhaps a little harsh, barleysugar is being non-confrontational but it’s not like he’s not asked the guy for their part of the project.

Also this guy is clearly quite manipulative because early on he made moves to make it seem as if he and barleysugar were the only people contributing to this project, now it’s going to make barleysugars case hard because suggesting that this guy hasn’t contributed any work at this stage, is going to go against the professors narrative of what he believed happened.

Send him your bank details too

3 Likes

Ask if he’s got any laundry needs doing

It really does seem like this guy barely did any work and he’s trying to manipulate barleysugar to cover for him.

1 Like

unlikely, that would be being a very big prick for very little gain. (Assuming there are over 5ppl on the course and this isnt the last piece/biggest weighted coursework)

You say you’ve seen the stuff he’s done - I assume this is in paper form or on a computer and he’s to email/scan this to you?

Can you ask him next time you’re working with him to send it to you there and then? Basically sounds like you need to be in a situation where he can’t reasonably get out of it (although I’ve no idea if this would work given the behaviour you’ve described).

put him in a bowl of rice

2 Likes

Confusing, depressing… And uplifting?

(I’d agree with the consensus… Confront them)

He’s just sent me it

5 Likes