The poem. The poem! God it’s the worst

“Roses are red
Violets are blue
Your attendance at our wedding is enough of a gift in and of itself
But please give us cash. Remember to bring cash with you”

3 Likes

Big time. Big fucking time mate.

1 Like

this is a good post and you are a good lad.

1 Like

“…but, don’t forget we need cash”

1 Like

I imagine there’s loads of weddings that it really sucks going to if you are LGBTQ or Asexual

1 Like

I remember one my best friendships was with a guy who is sadly no longer with us but would sometimes just not bother responding to me if he didn’t want to (would openly tell me this) or would get in touch out of the blue. He placed no expectations on me and it was always really chill meeting up with him. Would be great if everyone could respect people’s autonomy like this.

I guess part of being a good friend is finding the right balance to respect the needs and personality of your friends without forcing yours onto them

4 Likes

8 Likes

Thank you for coming
I hope you brought your wallets
PS, here’s my wife

4 Likes

I generally dislike buying and receiving gifts (other than to/from my girlfriend and immediate family cause I know them well enough to buy them something thoughtful and good, and vice versa). Annoyingly my girlfriend is a friend birthday present buyer which means I’ve been roped into the whole charade of getting people stuff they pretend to like, and them feeling dutybound to buy me stuff I’ll then pretend to like. Sad!

2 Likes

What’s going on in here then? You boys giving the patriarchy a good kick up the arse?

2 Likes

I love buying people good gifts, but just when I think of them. That’s why I find Birthday’s so frustrating sometimes, because I put pressure on myself if I can’t think of something good. But that’s me doing it to myself.
Obviously I love getting a good gift, but REALLY love the feeling of someone being chuffed with something.

And instead giving it to me as an act of defiance?

1 Like

Too right. Can’t even play SoundCloud off of SONOS. NOT good for indie newlyweds like us

FAKE NEWS! Yes you can. Soz m8

breaking into waterparks, football stadiums, climbing up big buildings etc

I think I must have watched and enjoyed every video by Ally Law on youtube. I don’t know how he’s not going to get put in prison. Can the lad go on forever??

R u sure? Couldn’t figure it out the other day. Was also a bit boozed though

Good edit

1 Like

Well I do it ok, but I connected it fucking yonks who

Thanks m8

I called @rich-t a Victoria sponge in trousers once.

4 Likes