Being touched by strangers

I’d need a full day to recover from something like this.

strongly dislike it when someone in a position of temporary dominance (higher ranking person at work, security guard etc) gets touchy feely and clamps their hand on your shoulder. instantly puts me into fight mode for some reason. have actually shrugged people off before.

Low tolerance. I hate it at say a busy train station someone pushes past, or worse places their hands on me to manoeuvre past, don’t know how people think that is acceptable, makes me genuinely angry, also have this weird thing that if I’m taking by surprise the sensation seems to linger for ages

Even when I know someone, unless I’m in a relationship with them, I flinch when someone touches me. It’s not that I hate it as such, I just don’t know what to do and I thibk about it so much that it’s distracting.

I wish I didn’t and I often think, when ive spent time with touchy feely friends, how I’ll make an effort to be more touchy but it is the weirdest hurdle for me to overcome and it’s just never going to happen. There’s one friend who always rests her hand kind of near to the side boob area and I have a crush on her so that is too much for me to handle and then I have another who literally corners me and rubs herself on me if she’s not seen me for a long time.

Do not like it but it happens all the time.

Men in pubs seem to think they can put the hands on you instead of saying excuse me

one time when it was really icy out a girl slipped and grabbed on to me to try and prevent her falling, and in doing so copped a handful of my junk. I didn’t much care for that. this was at a bus stop so we had to stand next to each other in silence waiting for a bus, for what must be the longest ten minutes in history

POTW Vote 30/11/18 - 07/12/18
POTW Nominations 30/11/18 - 07/12/18

My favourite everyday sexism is watching men move across a busy bar, putting their hand on other man’s shoulders to get them to move out of the way, but touching the waist of women to do the same.

I used to hate being touched but don’t mind it now, might even book myself in for a massage at the weekend.

Depends. If it’s someone being genuinely friendly or whatever then I quite like it, like older people shaking your hand or whatever. Aww, s’nice that.
As @DarwinBabe said though, when hashtag lads in crowded places put their hands on your hips to move you out of the way I’ll spin round all defensive like OI YOU ALRIGHT MATE CAN I HELP YOU PAL

had a shoulder massage by a huge muscle man at ATP while watching sun ra. best money i’ve ever spent

You’re welcome

One time I was getting on the train in the morning and there was an attractive girl on the platform who I kind of knew (but not really, think we’d exchanged pleasantries at the bar once) from the pub.

When I was getting on the train I pressed the button for the door and she went for the button at the same time, and theoretically this should have been a moment straight from a Hugh Grant film, but I got a fright because I wasn’t looking at the button and didn’t expect contact, and kind of pulled my hand away and made an involuntary noise. I waited at the other end of the platform in the mornings after that.

See I have an insanely low tolerance for strangers touching me in general but will highly tolerate a massage to the point when I told my mate I’ve gone for a massage and they were like WTF you don’t wanna be touched why are you going to be touched

Love being touched in the right situation.

Security guard at the scala commented on how ticklish I am

you know what, I’ve never really considered public transport and public transport terminals as courting grounds. i’m always too pissed off by the journey or in my own head.

I reluctantly had my first ever massage from the masseuse who comes to the office as I was having shin trouble in the build-up to my half-marathon this year. Immediate arse massage, wasn’t anticipating it, didn’t enjoy it. It did make a world of difference though in fairness to the lass.

Hate the airport frisk for this reason too. Urgh.

used to book massages at my last place of work to get out work. rarely went. hated coming back smelling like mouthwash.