Belle and Sebastian

(although it does have Stay Loose which bangs quite hard)

Might as well be a different band? Come on, not liking it is one thing, but did you expect them to sound like If You’re Feeling Sinister forever?

Yes

That or just split up when they left Jeepster.

Time was that this would fill me with excitement

1 Like

Great
Tigermilk
Sinister
Push Barman
Very Good
DCW
Arab Strap
Good
Fold Your Hands
Storytelling (though the dialogue bits are unnecessary)
Okay
Girls in Peacetime
Write About Love
Poor
The Life Pursuit

I still live in vain hope that they have one good album left in them.

They’re playing Truro. Probably my only opportunity to see a biggish gig locally next year unless Falmouth Pavillion pulls their finger out like back in 2012. Might go… But they always bore me rigid live.

Three EPs coming in December/January/February

Probably a good idea. The last couple of LPs have both had decent tunes on but lots of filler too.

Yeah, quite excited about this. Always been a fan, but there’s no denying that they’ve been on a steady decline musically, with the odd golden moment scattered in between. “We Were Beautiful” is probably the best song they’ve released in a while, hopefully it’s a good indicator of the rest of the EP.

Debating seeing them at the Troxy next year. Have seen them loads of times before, and I generally enjoy their shows. But my dad has said they’re a band he’d really like to see one day, might have to get us tickets. Good band for him to do his 70 year old shuffle to.

Can I bump this?

So I quite liked How to Solve Our Human Problems (Part 1) . Now I only just realised that the full second part had been released, but I loved The Same Star. Proper The Life Pursuit vibes on this.