Bench Chat

Do you ever take them outside?

No. No I do not.

Will it be as durable though?

(it doesn’t matter as I will be getting it anyway unless I can find a gothic stone bench with gargoyle legs)

3 Likes

There’s some good stone benches outside Euston Station. Do they need oiling every year? Do they fuck - they’re 450 million years old motherfucker…

2 Likes

1 Like

Just ordered this

2 Likes

I like the 4 at the end to make it seem more accurate and believable.

Made my own.

7 Likes

Yeah… I guess oiling in the sun could be fun, sunlight dancing off my rippling torso.

I’ve ordered the bench!!!

2 Likes

i want an indoors bench and an outdoors bench. is that greedy?

I have one of each. I don’t feel greedy. The indoor one replaces at least two chairs so that levels out…

1 Like

What’s the term for someone who thinks the world isn’t as old as scientist think it is?

Recent earther?
New worlders?

Idiots :wink:

1 Like

Missed this thread. Nice benching!

I bought this one about 4 years ago.

I have oiled it a couple of times, but unlike some B&Q teak furniture I had previously, it seems really good quality and has developed a nice patina. Reckon it will last for decades.

Nice, looks very similar so I like what you say!

1 Like

Technically not a bench, but we also got a couple of these (or equivalent) from an auction for £70 for both:

Auctions are an excellent place to buy furniture in fact. We got a solid oak dining table for under £100. Plus good fun pretending to be on Bargain Hunt. Top tip: find one that doesn’t have online sales, then there will be less competition.

We have a couple of hammocks for all horizontal garden needs. Those are probably the best money I have ever spent.

1 Like

I have my bench.

I paid £30 delivery. I had to go to the van with the guy to help him carry it up from the street.

It’s very nice.

Hopefully the weather will not fully destroy it before I treat it this weekend.

1 Like

Congrats!

Hope it’s all you dreamed it would be and provides happy seating for many years.

1 Like