Witchbones - Goety

3 Likes

Young Nudy - Anyways

2 Likes

not sure which version of Luke James - To Feel Loved i like better

Not enough mixtape art in these threads. The details in the blender >

Definitely the wrong thread.

9 Likes

there can more to ‘best album art’ than just looking good imo. the design here is fine for the most part from a basic composition/color/style perspective i guess but i spent at least five minutes zooming and investigating all the items in the blender and i came out of it laughing. so for this is … i would file it ‘good album art’

but maybe you have to have a foundational understanding of the long history of weird mixtape album art to be able to appreciate it idk.

3 Likes

Being detailed and/or amusing does not preclude it from looking horrible, though. Basically, if you wouldn’t stick it in a 12x12" frame on your livingroom wall (and there’s some really questionable biffers in this thread already), it’s a wrong thread mate situation.

I mean… by all aesthetic accounts, it’s pretty hideous. :-/

1 Like

in your opinion

1 Like

i would absolutely put this on my wall lol but thats not a criteria i put much weight behind in determining if i like album art or not.

YGG - The Last Scald

5 Likes

5 Likes

Almost a tribute to this

https://cdn.baeblemusic.com/images/bblog/1-18-2018/ken-snyder_by-request-only_album-cover.jpg

4 Likes

I love the level of honesty. It’s obviously not the same, but it makes me think of Marissa Hackman’s album from last year, where she’s just standing in her ugly grey pants holding a pig.

1 Like

The digital download came with this rather lovely full, unadorned version of the painting;

Gloosh - Timewheel - Gloosh Timewheel Background 1080pt

1 Like

5 Likes

11 Likes

Ital Tek

11 Likes

4 Likes