Best Album Closers: 2010s

Everyone loves a great album closer. Few things better in music than getting to the end of a great album and being hit with an absolute masterpiece that leaves you feeling so complete.

Plenty of amazing ones in the 2010s, so what are your favourites?

It’s maybe an obvious choice but I think mine might be Putting the Dog to Sleep by The Antlers. I get shivers everytime the manipulated drum hits a beat before the outro

• Great closer
  • Good closer
  • Meh closer
  • Bad closer

0 voters

1 Like

Impossible Soul

• Great closer
  • Good closer
  • Meh closer
  • Bad closer

0 voters

1 Like

Also (hot take incoming) I think Putting The Dog to Sleep is the worst song on that album.

Stunned I am, stunned.

2 Likes

I guess an album from 2020 doesn’t count in this, but This Is The End by Phoebe Bridgers is perfect.

6 Likes

I’m terribly sorry Mistersteve but this opinion will have to wait until the Best Album Closers: 2020s thread in 10 years time.

2 Likes

Both the Forest Swords ones.

He is so good. New album when.

6 Likes

The Chariot - Cheek.

• Great album closer
  • Would be better if Paolo Nutini hadn’t also used the same Charlie Chaplin speech

0 voters

I prefer the original demo without the piano at the start but as a closer of an album this is the one that leaps to mind:

I like album closers that sum up the album like Heavy Pop or A Certain Romance is another good example although obviously not 2010s. Remembered another one

13 Likes

Was just about to post Donnie Darko. Might be the actual correct answer now I think about it

3 Likes
  • Great
  • Good
  • Meh
  • Bad
  • Awful

0 voters

1 Like

Thinking about it there are absolutely shit loads of amazing final tracks

7 Likes
  • Great
  • Good
  • Meh
  • Bad

0 voters

• Great
  • Good
  • Meh
  • Bad
  • Awful

0 voters

The bit at 8:55 is just

• Great
  • Good
  • Bad
  • Meh

0 voters

1 Like

Is Formation not the closer for Lemonade? Always thought it was and was going to post it ITT.

1 Like
  • Great
  • Good
  • Meh
  • Bad

0 voters

I thought Formation was a bonus track on the album and a standalone single?

This will bring down the walls of my reality if this isn’t true :rofl:

Also there isn’t a hope in hell of me doing a poll for all those on a mobile. cba

7 Likes

Noted.

1 Like