Best album from Jezebel's 'The 150 Worst Albums Made By Men' list?

Only one rule: You cant say Kid A.

this is probably between Tool Ænima and Chief Keef _Finally Rich_ for me.

Reckon there will be plenty of The National and ur man Bon Iver picks on here.

: D quite amused by this. will have a look rn

I like the list idea, don’t like some of the inclusions, even if the top spots are probably good choices.

mine:

Tool, Skinny Puppy, Slint, and Rapeman.

loving this anti-canon, anti-list rhetoric; I’d like to think that I’ve already subconsciously picked up on their criticisms, that they already inform my existing distaste for lists and canon.

I mean, I genuinely feel like they do, that my love and appreciation of music is fundamentally incompatible with the ur-logic in those things.

lists are bad and sadly they seem to be one of the only ways to get people talking about music/art.

yea i think ive settled on this list being about 95% correct.

Even some albums that I kinda have a soft spot for for nostalgia reasons (311, Savage Garden) def belong on this list. No reason to go to bat for those, just kinda have to go:
giphy

arcade fire…

made by men

its weird, cause most of these are definitely terrible, but theres just a couple that are definitely great (spiderland/ boxer/ kid a etc). probably just baiting for comments/shares, in which case fair play

three of my all-time favourites are on there, but I respect the choices as a necessary dig at indie listmakers.

non-hierarchical music appreciation is the dream.

yeah, weirdest thing though.

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for the kind of alternative lists that have turned me onto so much great music, but it’s a crutch for on here, ranking stuff (also album-centric thinking).

ha didnt even notice Philly’s Most Wanted, Get Down or Lay Down on my first couple looks through the list, that may be the most random choice on here.

:’( no Throwing Muses on that original NPR list

I mean, not that I care. (ffs).

These would probably be in my top 100 of all time

-79. Radiohead, Kid A

-60. Sufjan Stevens, Illinois
-113. Bon Iver, For Emma, Forever Ago
-128. Slint, Spiderland
-149. Skinny Puppy, Too Dark Park

List does a good job generally of hitting on stinkers though, so shrug

Slint, Spiderland my favourite on there.

And Black Eyed Peas were better before Fergie joined.

Remember, this list is a parody. In this case, probably of the fact that NPR put Mick Fleetwood’s and John Mac’s Fleetwood Mac at number 16 of the best women’s albums list

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/20/538317263/turning-the-tables-150-greatest-albums-made-by-women-page-14

There are some hilarious albums on that list tbh tbf tbs.

That said, can I use this thread to again repeat my belief that Chinese Democracy is actually a lost rock masterpiece…

I kinda like it too

they’ve put Placebo’s debut at 31? Also noticed Black Eyed Peas in there…

what a crock of shit