Donna Summer - Seasons of Love
Donna Summer - Bad Girls
Swervedriver - Raise
Throbbing Gristle - 20 Jazz Funk Greats
Yello - You Gotta Say Yes to Another Excess

DONT know if I’d say it’s as good as, say, the glow pt. 2 tho

They’re pretty incomparable, really

Are they? It’s the same artist…

Yeah, I think so. A Crow Looked at Me is incredible in terms of the emotions it deals with, but it’s pretty hard to assess musically. A lot of reviewers didn’t give it a score, after all

Sure, and that’s immediately clear on first listen, but I prefer the experience of the glow musically which steal is very emotional in itself

Yeah…I’m not necessarily disagreeing and The Glow is an absolutely seminal record.

I do agree, it’s probably impossible to judge crow as a piece of music or art really as it’s essentially like an autobiographical novel set to some largely secondary music (on first listen at least)

I love ‘A Crow Looked At Me’ and I find it hard to listen to or assess.

In terms of Microphones work I’ve never quite got the love for ‘Glow pt 2’. I’ve always enjoyed it but I keep listening to it expecting it to click as a transcendent work of genius which it never does. ‘It Was Hot, We Stayed In The Water’ is a record I enjoy a lot more personally.

just listening to ‘Sport’ by Powell, finally. pretty fucking good. was expecting it to be kind of soulless and boring, but nope.

It’s a great record, but not something that is really comparable to anything else in many ways. A lot of people on here have commented on how it might not be great to shove it into the top 100 albums of the year list and I think I agree.

So many people view them as a novelty band for “Hunger Strike”, but it’s such an incredible album. Pushin’ Forward Back is so tense, and that solo and the way Cornell’s voice guides Reach Down. I love it start to finish.

hey @Bamnan , have you ever listened to any Elverum? figured you might dig his recent output. he is mining similar territory to Koz rn.

not heard of Eleverum I don’t think, will have to check him our

The Fragile. Always saw NIN as a bit silly but gave it a go and have really enjoyed it despite the silliness/seriousness

Too many too mention! But the latest one for me is the Kathryn Joseph album from 2015, Bones You Have Thrown Me and Blood I’ve Spilled, thanks to enjoying the Out Lines album from October, Conflats - her collaboration with the Twilight Sad’s James Graham (which I latched onto thanks to the DIS community’s weekly new releases threads). Brilliant voice, and, as Stewart Lee might say (when he is trying to irritate the Scots), lots of lovely Scotchness …

That Andrew Hill album you’ve mentioned is an all time classic. Much appreciated in our house.

‘D.I. Go Pop’ is one of my favourite songs ever. Love Disco Inferno.

Worth checking out Adam Betts’ brilliant solo album, Colossal Squid, if you haven’t already. Picked it up at a TTT gig. Clips of him playing all of the tracks on YouTube. Saw him drum at a Goldie show last week. He’s incredible.

Yeah I’ve seen theach squid videos! Have you seen him playing in Squarepusher’s band? Ridiculous tekkers. When I was hanging out with him in October he told me some cracking anecdotes about touring with Deftones and also he was flying to Amsterdam the next day to mix his new solo album so hoping for some gigs in support of that :nerd_face: