Best album / Worst album

dunno, has the worst songs but also the best songs

1 Like

The Lonesome Crowded West / Strangers to Ourselves

5 Likes

Itā€™s really tough and pretty much a coin flip. Lonesome Crowded West is the special, lightning in a bottle one whereas TM&A has that ridiculous ending sequence. Both are top candidates for the prestigious Best Non-Corgan Album Award of their respective decades.

I think Iā€™m the only person who liked Strangers to Ourselves.

Reckon that This Is A Long Drive is my fave and Sad Sappy my least fave. Opinions eh.
Lots of Strangers is decent to good. Some of its very good imo.

Iā€™d pick Lightning Bolt over Backspacer. Vitalogy is probably objectively the right choice, but thereā€™s something about Ten that will always be my favourite

3 Likes

Probably helps that Ten doesnā€™t have anything as embarrassingly rubbish as ā€˜Bugsā€™ or ā€˜Hey foxymophandlema, Thatā€™s Meā€™ on it.

2 Likes

I try to forget about those

SWANSā€¦

Soundtracks For The Blind :+1::+1::+1: / The Burning World :scream::scream::scream_cat:

This Is a Long Drive, The Lonesome Crowded West, and The Moon and Antarctica are each a solid A+ for me, and I love all of the newer ones too. I like how within a three month period my two favorite bands announced an immediate follow-up album that never came. Itā€™s been four years nowā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s the tough thing with Vitalogy, it has those moments that can make you justify picking another album as the best one (usually No Code for me), but the great is too great to be ignored. Eddie and the band are so dialed in and pissed-off sounding. The sequence from Last Exit all the way through Corduroy is perfection, and then of course Immortality is an all-timer.

What about Live at the Witch Trials?

Nirvana:
Best - In Utero
Worst - MTV Unplugged

for best? nah. itā€™s v good but i find it gets incredibly grating after a couple of listens at a time. also not krautrocky enough to be in their top tier.

1 Like

Go-Betweens
Liberty Belle / Friends of Rachel Worth

you what?

Or is this a 5/5 vs 4.99/5 type of comparison? Otherwise hot takes thread is over there

FORW easily their worst in my book (but itā€™s still good)

HRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

maybe on par with Send Me a Lullaby (but i give it a pass for being a debut)

FORM, for me anyway, was great to have them back after so long and I loved it at the time - but now looking back at their discog as a whole finished piece, itā€™s a low point for me

1 Like

Odd way to spell Tallulah, but Iā€™ll allow it.

1 Like

About 4th for me

I disagree with both of those - I would go with Drums and Guns/The Invisible Way.

My guess is that most fans would have a different ā€˜bestā€™ album (and my choice wavers from time to time between three or four) but a lot of people would agree with my ā€˜worstā€™.

2 Likes