Best albums ever made by teenagers?

Southernplayalisticcaddillacmuzik

2 Likes

Came her to post this. Great album.

Pretty sure ESG were teenagers when their first records came out.

3 Likes

Three Imaginary Boys by The Cureā€¦

3 Likes

He was 20 in 1970 so even if he hadnā€™t yet made a truly great album by that point (ā€˜For Once In My Lifeā€™ is really good but still contains a fair bit of filler) his back catalogue already contained a ridiculous amount of gold. Mainly singles though tbf.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t necessarily call Wretch a great album, but it should probably be noted that Josh Homme was 18 years old when this was released. What an intro.

2 Likes

Mobb Deep - The Infamous

2 Likes

Ah, great shout.

Quite a few rap albums from that era actually. They often sound so accomplished and mature you donā€™t even realise. Casual was 18 when Fear Itself came out, Souls of Mischief 18 when 93 Til Infinity came outā€¦ Must be more that I canā€™t think of.

1 Like

Yeah the outkast and nas shouts itt are the ones I had no idea how young they were and would never have guessed they were teens

1 Like

I did a search and Nas and Biggie were 21 when their debuts came out, but they had been working on them whilst they were younger I suppose. This by Biggie then he was 16 is bonkers.

Obv not as accomplished by modern standards but ll cool j recording radio at 16/17 was ridiculous.

1 Like

early Beach Boys stuff

1 Like

Not technically an album but Capn Jazz - Analphabetopolothology

4 Likes

Letā€™s Eat Grandma - Iā€™m all Ears is a pretty impressive recent example

22 Likes
2 Likes

Dunno if When We All Fall Asleepā€¦ will stand the test of time but I was quite amazed to find out Billie Eilish is only 17!

6 Likes

They all look about 12 in the rehearsal footage from the Breadcrumb Trail doc

5 Likes

Most of Selected Ambient Works by Aphex Twin

11 Likes

Silverchairā€™s Frogstomp is a notable one. Whether you think itā€™s one of the best is debatable (I do.)

2 Likes
2 Likes