Best Albums of The Year 2018 - Listageddon

:sunglasses::wave:

Having seen that, you think they must have had a BIG role in booking for Primavera next year. Primavera is somehow more Pitchfork than Pitchfork fest is :joy:

5 Likes

Very on brand how they used the writeup of the Deafheaven album to shit over Billy Corgan for no reason.

1 Like

Of course, George Clarke’s tonsil-ripping growl remains several degrees more fearsome and ferocious than even Billy Corgan’s most anguished wails, but then, what do you think a raging rat in a cage is supposed to sound like?

Seriously, what does that even mean? It’s just word association.

So basically everything they have recommended this year :man_shrugging:

20 best of the year from the ever reliable @GoldFlakePaint

Editor's Choice - 20 Favourite Songs of 2018 - GoldFlakePaint

5 Likes

AnyDecentMusic have their Poll Of Polls up and running:

Pretty song, but Innocence Mission have been writing tunes likes that for nearly 30 years. Unusual choice for the '#1 spot.

Not my first choice either, but can appreciate why people would put it there. Is a beautiful track.

Yeah, great to see them getting a bit of attention.

I knew I shouldn’t have numbered them haha. Not supposed to be in any order, hence the non-descending order. Probably should have stated that at the start of the feature…

My love for The Innocence Mission song is also tied in with the fact we ‘premiered’ it and it was one of those “holy shit this funny blog I started in my bedroom is getting to unveil something this special with the world”. I was floating for days, disappearing inside that song. It’s magical.

3 Likes

Ah cool. There’s a number of tracks that popped up on your list that I haven’t heard but I’ll definitely give a listen to, think they’ll be my kind of thing from the description. I’ll make sure I check out the wider site too :slight_smile:

Real shame to see the Saba album missing. Great record.

2 Likes

Thanks! We’re actually more of a physical publication than a blog just now, so the past six months are a bit dry. Some info on that here:

Hope you find something you like, either way!

2 Likes

https://www.spin.com/featured/best-albums-2018/

Don’t know what I’m more surprised about : the nme still existing or this being a not totally terrible list.

3 Likes

Even the Rolling Stone list isn’t 100% awful.