Best and favourite adverts ever

2 Likes

I recall this having a soundtrack in the UK but basically this was always my hair so I enjoyed this immensely

Ahhh Nicole

That’s Vincent Cassell at the end!

8 Likes

This only got shown in full a few times I reckon, it was so long!

1 Like
2 Likes

MORE TIES!

3 Likes

Explaining me and my British mate saying, “I CAN SEE THE PUB FROM HERE!” to Aussies was quite something.

There’s a show down here called Gruen that’s a sort of Have I Got News For You but about the advertising industry. At the end they show some nutty advert from around the world that Aussies will find baffling/amusing and recently it was the turn of one of these old beauties.

Think it was the Bran Van 3000 thread that basically turned into a discussion of 90s Levi ad bangers!

Loved Flat Eric!

2 Likes

Snowy!!!

Didn’t realise that those xxxx adverts weren’t shown in Oz!

I have no idea if it was actually a big Aus beer in the 80s but it (and Fosters) are very much not beers Aussies drink and haven’t been for decades. I guess it could well have been as I recall as a kid seeing ads for Sharp and Lowenbrau and Skol and by the time I was in pubs in the 90s they were nowhere.

But yeah, an ad based on external cultural stereotypes isn’t likely to be so popular in the country itself I guess!

(Fosters I never see anywhere but in Queensland XXXX Gold is seen a fair amount and sort of fills that Carling/Heineken niche we have in the UK.)

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I was trying to find the Polaris world advert but I found this take off which is even better;

@profk

1 Like

Me and the boys did our own version of this advert back in the year 2003 or thereabouts

1 Like

The Oodie adverts on YouTube proper make me laugh. I’ll link a few if it’ll EVER FUCKING LOAD.

Love these :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes
1 Like