Best and worst loaf for toast?

To be fair, I started this thread because Warbies Original Seeded Batch is a great sandwich loaf but a terrible toaster.

Warbies Toastie and the rarely spotted Super Toastie are A Class toasters, though, and Warbies Danish is the fluffiest non-bellend bread you’ll get.

In fact, fuck it, name the nearest beach to your home and we’ll have a four-rounder at sunbreak.

See you at Gylly Beach tomorrow. We’ll have a wallop with a pair of stale Warburton’s loafs.

I’ve spent the last few months eating gluten-free bread. Christ, either it tastes like cake or a pair of old shoes.

1 Like

also the Morrisons pumpkin seed loaf, the instore bakery one

both bangers

2 Likes

I’ve massively cut down on my bread consumption recently. Feel it’s contributed massively to my firm, regular shits.

Best: Jacksons White bloomer (Seeded better for sandwiches though)
Worst: tesco danish loaf. Goes too crispy too quick.

Warbutons Toastie Orange

1 Like

don’t think anyone who buys that floury white bread should be allowed to vote

(I like normal white bread, is just the floury one)

Been a long standing fan of this

On setting 3½ in our toaster.

3 Likes

Agree Danish loaf is the worst for toasting for the same reasons. One of the best for dipping in soup though.

1 Like

Hovis Granary Thick

A little update for y’all, although Umut have stopped stocking it, I found another place this morning that at least stocks the Medium version. Its not perfect but its sure as shit better than eating Kingsmill

1 Like

Aldi Malted Bloomer. miss it so much

This one ^

2 Likes

I’d take the shittiest uk loaf over the best us loaf. Any bread on the bread shelf here tastes like they put half a bag of sugar in it. Bakery section bread is meh.

1 Like

Lidl do a walnut and fig loaf that is almost the best thing ever when eaten with really strong cheese. Black bomber, for example. Maybe a bit of parma ham. I’m going to Lidl now.

1 Like

best

https://d2ohdpvxj0yo9f.cloudfront.net/products/pa/pan-redondo-cortado-5-semillas-larga-vida-de-mercadona-1622517677.jpg

worst

1 Like

Gonna throw this out there - no country is better than the U.K. at sliced/bagged bread

just recently go into jacksons bread. oh man.

2 Likes

Pretty damn good

1 Like

Beyond the UK I have only tried bagged bread in the USA. It was utterly :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: and also ridiculously :heavy_dollar_sign: :heavy_dollar_sign: :heavy_dollar_sign:

1 Like