Best band you've seen at a festival this summer?

festivals

After an incredible weekend at End of the Road I’m torn between The Shins (nearly lost my voice singing along!) and Broken Social Scene (so euphoric and noisy and joyful with just the right amount of rage in its belly).

Probably Soulwax in the tent at Latitude - they never fail to bring the party. Although Grimes in the very same spot the night before pushes them close.

I’ve not been to any traditional outdoor weekend type festivals but Patti Smith was brilliant at Hyde Park supporting Massive Attack. A band called Japanese Breakfast were great at Visions Festival last month. A brilliant album by them too. Probably not that well known but definitely worth checking out.

I didn’t go to any, thanks for rubbing it in :frowning:

Either Brian Wilson at Primevera or Thee Oh Sees and End Of The Road. Broken Social Scene were far better than I was expecting, they were really great.

Lots of good ones at Lunar - off the top of my head Stealing Sheep and Khruangbin (who I’d never heard before) were souperb

Savages at Primavera.

thought bat for lashes was immense at glasto. Have never seen her live before, mesmerising

I only went to ArcTanGent, where it would be between Mutoid Man, HECK, Three Trapped Tigers and Mono.

Nah fuck it it was Mutoid Man.

Meilyr Jones

Beach House /Brian Wilson / Radiohead at Primavera would take some beating, and I’ve been trying to not spend money unnecessarily, so haven’t been anywhere else!

Actually scrap that, Susan Sundfor at Citadel, and Sigur Ros. Good day out all round!

LCD Soundsystem at Glastonbury was pretty euphoric and a brilliant way to end the festival…

Primavera - Holly Herndon, Deerhunter (x2), LCD Soundsystem at Barts.

Longitude - Kendrick Lamar, Róisín Murphy.

This^

Sunn O))) at Unsound Festival in Toronto. Being a canuck, it was the first and most likely last time I’ll see them and they blew me away figuratively and literally. I don’t think my ears will ever be the same. haha

Kamasi Washington, Lubomyr Melnyk & Deerhunter (Sunday set) at Primavera.

Also, Youth Lagoon at Firld Day and Patti Smith in Hyde Park.

Only went to Primavera, but both Jenny Hval and AR Kane were up there with the best things I’ve seen all year.

Primavera: Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem @ Barts, honourable mentions go to Chairlift and Tame Impala

Saw Sufjan Stevens for the first time ever at Outside Lands, and was blown away

Jurassic 5 at Castlepalooza. Don’t think I’ve ever seen such a ‘tight’ live act with their set completely nailed from start to finish. There was a hardly a second during the whole hour when one of them wasn’t rapping or riffing off the crowd.

now there’s a band i’d really like to see